I am THINKING ABOUT A REVISION at 6 years

Janine P.
on 6/18/11 12:11 pm - Long Island, NY
The quantity of pills "this woman" took - She must have been a hypochondriac - I'm on an aggressive vitamin schedule and I'm taking 22 a day.  Period.

Congratulations on your seminar with Dr. Elariny but do you want a medal?  I never questioned the stinky poo - In fact, I openly said that I'd RATHER HAVE the stinky poo over gaining weight when eating wrong things.

All the other junk you mentioned - pure bull****  It does NOT leave people in a critical state.  It is NOT avoided because it's risky.  It's avoided because it's hard to do, not easily learned, and requires a mentor to do properly; something that's time consuming and again, difficult.

I don't care what you've "heard" from your conversation with 1 nutty DS'er and 1 seminar with a surgeon.  I've researched the DS for two years and I now have it.  I'm positive I know more about it than you do.

My whole point of my post to you in the first place - Get your nose out of the air.  Your **** stinks too, just like everyone elses.  The Lap band is not the best; There IS NO BEST.  It's what you preferred and that's fine and dandy, but that doesn't mean it's the best.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/11 12:40 pm - ~Somewhere in~, PA
Janine I honestly wish you well with your DS and I hope you get the results that your lap band and Sleeve did not give you.....you know I also KNOW of  few people that have access to a PRIVATE DS FORUM on YAHOO....and those people have had HORRIBLE complications with their DS..but again....they don't post that on this public forum you did not think I knew about that did ya? There is a lot I KNOW about the DS that I will not post here, I don't want to scare people...I just posted things that I assumed everybody else already knew about the DS....But I hope you do great with it and live a long fulfilling life..I liked you as a bandster and I honestly wish you well.
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/11 12:13 pm
So because ONE person that had the DS takes about 70 pills per day you just assumed that ALL DSers have to? That's just like assuming that all lapbanders are not going to lose weight.

Also, does the surgeon have the DS? No, he just preforms it. Why not get this information (about pewp smells "clearing a building") from people that LIVE with the surgery. You know, primary sources instead of secondary sources.

*shakes head* Please don't compare surgeries when you don't know what you are talking about.
michellemj
on 6/18/11 1:13 pm
"Oh I asked a DSr and she posted them on this forum about 3 years ago...it totaled about 70 pills per day."

Wow. An n of 1? Maybe you could publish a study on that.

WHAT THE HECK? You talk to someone 3 years ago about her personal regimen and you think that it's the same for everyone, esp. now? Crap, antiretrovirals (meds to treat HIV) used to be tons of pills around the clock too and now it's not. Times, they do change you know.

and if you don't have any of these surgeries, you certainly aren't qualified to speak about them, no more than a surgeon who doesn't have the DS is either, regardless of whether or not he "was called the Master of the DS".

For your sake, I certainly hope you never need to revise and end up needing help from people on the boards here. I imagine that most won't be very welcoming.

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

beemerbeeper
on 6/18/11 4:50 am - AL
Too bad you can't get a band to put around your brain to fix that.  Maybe you could get it filled so full that your brains would pop out your eyes and ears.  You aren't using them afterall.

Karen M.
on 6/18/11 5:05 am - Mississauga, Canada

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

beth-28
on 6/18/11 7:56 am
** Like **
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Julie R.
on 6/18/11 10:51 am - Ludington, MI
 OMG Becky - I just about fell off my chair after reading this.
Good on you!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/11 12:31 am

levittown_loser
on 6/18/11 5:00 am - Levittown, PA
On June 18, 2011 at 7:04 AM Pacific Time, ~~Nana ~. wrote:
 Since my insurance covers bariatric surgery and pays 100 percent for ANY type I think I want to get a revision since I have the lap band and it is easy to remove, I get the luxury to pick and choose at my pleasure

Let's see....which one should I choose?

Let's start off with RNY - I could still stand to lose a few more pound on my 5'8 frame and go from a size 12 down to a skeletal 2 or 0....not sure if hubby would like hold onto bones, but hey I would be rocking 0's ....but now I would have to worry about loading up on vitamins FOR LIFE something I barely take with my band at 6 years and I am still healthy (thank god) and also worry about bowel issues, risks of malnutrition, a high risk of not able to enjoy my daily chocolate at work or my evening ice cream sandwiches or splitting a yummy desert with hubby eating out weekly....NAH...I think I will pass on RNY too many eating restrictions.

Let's look at the Sleeve - Hmmm.. The Sleeve looks like a great option, it's similar to the band sort of....I think the Sleeve have MORE eating restrictions than the band does based on several people having mild "dumping" episodes just like RNY, and you have to be a little bit more stricter than the band with a vitamin regimen but not as strict as RNY.....Now if I revised over to the Sleeve where would that put me weight wise....I am currently a size 12 so I think the Sleeve would give me about 50 more pounds and that would probably put me easily put into as size 4/6...BUT what would happen to me in the NEXT 6 years with the Sleeve? That is the big question mark...there are a lot of unknowns with the Sleeve regarding removing the Stomach and it's long term heath impact  on the body  and based on studies that I've read it WILL STRETCH enough for significant weight gain if you are not a serious dieter and the grehlen levels wears off in 2-3 years and then I will back to scare ONE WITH NO TOOL to help me and risk gaining all my weight sounds scary ...SO NAH...I'll pass on the Sleeve.....

Let's look at the BIG BOY of weight loss surgeries the DS -- OK...Many surgeons will not even perform this surgery since it's so dangerous, the DS puts the patient in critical condition and the patient will ALWAYS have to chase their Labs to stay healthy and alive, and they MUST eat TONS of proteins and have a vitamin regimen that most drug addicts can't keep up with, I shudder at the thought of having to rely on taking about 50-100 pills EVERY SINGLE DAY for the rest of my life about 5 times a day, gee...I would not have time to work, have sex, or vacation with that rigorous vitamin regime.. and don't even talk about the horrific gas/bowel movement that would clear a building if they dare eat carbs ...so most DSr have to eat tons of protein to stay alive EVERY SINGLE DAY for the rest of their lives (talking about a strict diet) just to keep the poo smell in check ..... I can't envision myself in my 70s and 80s having to chow down tons of protein,...hell at that age how would I remember to take all those vitamins 5 times a day and risk early osteoporosis.......Absolutely NO thank you.

So ................I guess until they find a weight loss surgery where I can eat sweets with no consequences/ lose tons of weight with little to no exercise, no complication risks....then it's NO REVISION surgery for me ....it's me and my little fickle friend "suzie"  that's my bands name...she keeps me in check and let's me eat what I want and keep me in my size 12s with little to no effort at 6 years.

Enjoy your day ...Hubby and I are off to enjoy a Swinetastic BBQ Festival today, I will be doing my sampling of tasting different foods...so glad my band allows me to eat normally with no restrictions just getting full quick..but sometimes I have to admit I overeat on occasions like this and the only consequence is getting stuffed or slime if I eat bread...gotta avoid the bread and chow down on juicy rib meat

Dumbass who continues myths about crap she knows nothing about.  Yep ... that's my assessment.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Most Active