Honestly

Mahalo F.
on 4/2/17 7:07 pm, edited 4/4/17 10:05 am

Hello everyone

This past Wednesday marked my 12 weeks surgiversary.

I am down 75 lbs. I am just coming off an amazing vacation. I have to admit the loved every second of people noticing the weight loss.

My three sons play Varsity Football and we just started back on Saturday. I am the team trainer at both Junior and Senior Varsity. The positive feedback and compliments were amazing.

It was great to hear how radiant and happy I looked and I was congratulated on my journey!

You never truly understand how much weight you have loss until you end up having to lug it around.

My Dad dropped of (3) 20 lb. bags of potatoes. As always he drops them off in my front entrance and he is gone in a flash. I went over to pick up one of the bags and I was shocked how much effort it took to lift that bag. I thought to myself WOW! You have lost almost (4) of these bags! I can't believe that I was carrying around all the weight.

Today... I went to my mother in laws to drop off the boys for dinner! My mother in law looked at me and told me to stop losing the weight! Told me that I had lost enough. Told me that I looked gaunt and tired. Really? ?? What the heck??? When I was over weight all I heard was how I should lose some weight. Honestly.. I just don't understand...

Sandra.

Mahalo

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

birdiegirl
on 4/3/17 3:09 am

We DO look gaunt and haggard for awhile and our loved ones can worry.

Obviously, keep losing until goal. Just be aware that your face will bear the brunt of quick weight loss for up to a year or so,

Then things settle in and fill out a bit. I looked sick for a year. Some people weren't sure if I lost weight on purpose or was ill. Took a year or so and some fillers for my face to smooth out.

YOU know whats going on - try and be patient when others make thoughtless comments

Insert Fitness
on 4/4/17 3:31 am

Yup. I've warned my family that this would happen. It's just a side effect of rapid weight loss, and things will even out a bit over time etc. not gonna lie, seeing some of the amazing results people have had with face lifts (I'm looking at you Liz!), If I'm not happy with the results in a couple of years, I'll definitely be open to that.

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

LeslieCL
on 4/3/17 5:06 am

You are doing great!

fromfattohealthy
on 4/3/17 6:24 am - Canada

I agree that quick weight loss can definitely impact the face...

BUT...I am thinking that maybe you feel this is more personal than a concerned mother-in-law. In the past I lost 100lbs, I also lost friends. "friends" that struggled with accepting that I had lost weight and admittedly were unhappy for me. Some people just get comfortable with you the way you were, they can't cope well with the change. Keep doing your thing - you are doing great.

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

100Buttons
on 4/3/17 8:47 am
RNY on 03/03/17

While it is probably worry about your health, I often think it just makes people feel uncomfortable. Maybe just the change and how it's weird that you are the same person but look so different. I also think there are some people who are just jealous, even if they are much smaller.

stick to your plan and be a duck. Let the comments roll off your back.

Kathy1212
on 4/3/17 11:31 am

Some people just like to criticize and complain; maybe your Mother in Law is one of those people.

You're doing great, seriously. 75 Lbs in 12 weeks is awesome! It's life changing, really.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Linda M.
on 4/3/17 1:43 pm - Orillia, Canada

Congratulations Sandra on your remarkable progress. I think we need to learn to nod and smile. A comment to one who loves you could be, "Thank you for your concern, but I have confidence in my doctor and believes he (she) knows best". You know how well you're doing. Rest easy in that knowledge.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Most Active
Recent Topics