Recent Posts

amybuckner
on 8/18/06 9:53 am - Raider Land, TX
Topic: RE: Hi fellow nurses.
Here's to things continuing to go well for you! Keep up the good work!
sunshine22
on 8/18/06 9:08 am - Karrington, MN
Topic: Hi fellow nurses.
I had my roux n y surgery on 8-8-06. I went home 2 days later. I feel great, and doing my 30 minutes of exercise daily. I am on strained soups and some v8 juice. water of course. thanks for your posts they help me get through this ...Sue.
Dee L.
on 8/9/06 4:31 am - Charlotte, NC
Topic: RE: Are there no RN's here ???
Hi Claire,I am glad your here.I am an OB -GYN nurse and worki 3-11 I work 3 days one week and 4 days the next but work alot of extra too.I do the schedule for 50 RN's and tech's.I like it but it is frustrating to me.I just got out of the hospitlal from an Adrenalectomy.I am in alot of pain right now but haven't taken any medication in 6 hours so I guess that is normal.I was there almost 1 week.Could not put out urine and then no stoll.Everyting taste bad to me and so I can't keep things down.I am trying.Dee
cocochannel
on 8/9/06 3:51 am - middletown, NY
Hi Dee I'm SICU nurse for 13yrs work 12hrs shift 7a-7p.Post-op 16months and feel wonderful.I usually don't check this site but I was wonder around the web-site and happen to see your post so I joined in with everyone else. Well have a nice day. Smooches Claire
sunshine22
on 8/3/06 11:01 am - Karrington, MN
Topic: Thanks to all that wished me well.
I appreciate all your thoughts, please keep me in your prayers as I have surgery August 8th. I have full confidence in my surgeon. I am glad to see others making this journey, and giving me confidence, thank you again.
Sandra T. RN
on 8/2/06 8:19 pm - TX
Hello, I'm here too, I work in the OR.........................
sunshine22
on 8/2/06 9:25 am - Karrington, MN
Topic: I got my date.
I got my surgery date today, its 8-8-06. Wow. I have only 5 days to get ready, yet I am not sure what to do first..Hasn't totally sunk in yet...I know I will tie up loose ends at work and clean the house..I have to shop for a few things..go for my pre-op Friday afternoon. Thanks for your replies to my earlier posts and any new advise would be great!
Mariah
on 7/31/06 3:41 pm - Richmond, IN
Topic: RE: Hello Everyone
Sues advice was very good to follow plus I would ask your surgeon what kind of tubes u will be going home with and about the care he wants u to give them. Ask if u will be having to give yourself injections. I had to go home on 2 a day ....blood thinners. My dr has everyone on them for a week so if u get out of the hospital in 1-2 days u have to do the rest of them at home. Every surgeon is so different...U really should talk to your dr again. Go in with a list of questions or call his nurse..... Mariah
Elizabeth C.
on 7/30/06 3:34 am - Montgomery County, MD
Topic: RE: Follow up on my surgery
Congratulations I am glad you are doing so well from surgery. Elizabeth
Ms.Traci C.
on 7/30/06 2:09 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Topic: RE: Hello Everyone
Thanks Sue! Hope you continue to do well. Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics