Recent Posts

patularn
on 7/9/06 3:48 am - Hazard, KY
Topic: RE: Good News! TT time!
Tracey, Thanks for the encouraging words. I just hope that it doesn't take three weeks to get up and running again. I am heading to Las Vegas in 2 weeks and really wanted to be wearing my bikini by then (wishful thinking I guess). I would like to get a breast lift some time in the future, but my budget probably won't allow that for a couple of years. Until then, Victoria's Secret will just have to keep my secret and keep holding up the ole girls for just a little longer. As far as my insurance goes..... I did nothing sad to say. My doctor who performed my RNY a year and a half ago, will also being doing this procedure. The office put all the paperwork together and took the pictures (less than attractive ones at that). I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield coverage. Check with your insurance carrier and see what they cover. Good Luck! Diana
Phatgyrl68
on 7/9/06 1:35 am - Clayton, NC
Hi Diana! Congrats on the TT. I had so much loose abdominal skin that I had to have 2 procedures. The lower TT was the worse. I had an incision from hip to hip. I took 3 weeks off from work ( I also had a breast lift done). The upper TT was a piece of cake--only took a week off. So tell me, how did you get your insurance to cover it? I had to pay for mine I need a thighlift BADLY! Please tell me what you did. Thanks in advance!
Phatgyrl68
on 7/9/06 1:24 am - Clayton, NC
Topic: RE: Are there no RN's here ???
Hello all! I'm an urology/nephrology/cardiac nurse. I too have worked night shift x 14 yrs. I'm 3 yrs post-op--185 lbs gone/13 to goal. Congrats to all and good luck on your journeys!
Mariah
on 7/8/06 8:24 pm - Richmond, IN
Topic: RE: Im on cloud nine
Thanks Amy, Ive only got a few days left. I have told them at work Im taking 6 weeks off. I figure those first two weeks I will be just recouperating from the surgery. I hope to enjoy about 4 of it just getting used to my new life and get some time in by the pool. I think Im as ready as I can be for Wed to get here. Friday was my last day to work. So Im enjoying this weekend. Monday Im getting a hair cut and color and a pedicure. Then Im going to get all my packing done for the hospital. Mariah
Dderosier
on 7/4/06 11:48 am - Worcester, MA
Thanks!! However, I already took my boards. I took them ASAP. I wanted them done before surgery, so I wouldn't stress during recovery. I passed. I am an official RN. I tried to keep it a secret in the hospital, but my mom told one person. Then it kept getting passed on in report. Everyone who took care of me knew.
amybuckner
on 7/4/06 10:42 am - Raider Land, TX
Gook Luck Mariah. You'll be a loser soon. I took off only 7 working days......what a mistake. Take it easy and take care of you! Amy B. RNY 5/01/06
amybuckner
on 7/4/06 10:40 am - Raider Land, TX
I'm an RN also Dee. I work in Home Health and Hospice. I had my RNY on 5/01/06 and have lost 57lbs, feeling better every day. Good luck to everyone pre-op and continued success to all post-op. Amy B.
Caryl Mauk
on 7/4/06 9:46 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 06/26/06 with
Congratulations! I hope it goes very well.
Caryl Mauk
on 7/4/06 9:43 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 06/26/06 with
Congrats on your date! I hope your surgery goes well.
Caryl Mauk
on 7/4/06 9:41 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 06/26/06 with
Hi Dee. I haven't checked in on this board for a while. I'm an RN working in the Intermediate Care Unit at St. David's Medical Center. Caryl
Most Active
Recent Topics