protein bullets?

newtintn
on 5/3/11 2:46 pm - TN
Can we use these at 2 wks post op? Im having a hard time getting my protein in, and im SO sick of shakes especially after yesterdays fiasco with what I thought was a delicious shake. There are TONS of different ones at my local Vitamin Shoppe but I have no idea which one to get, which tastes good etc. 

Lady Lithia
on 5/3/11 2:52 pm
They're made out of boiled horns, hooves, and hides, and are basically worthless as protein.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

ladyquenn
on 5/3/11 2:52 pm - WV
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4368081/Updated-Sample s-of-Proteins-Vitamins-and-Such/

Go here and order a bunch of free and cheap samples to find one you like. I love my shakes but I had to try a bunch to find some I love.
Teddi J
We have just enough religion to make us hate,
but not enough to make us love one another. ~Jonathan Swift                    
samsander
on 5/3/11 2:57 pm - CA
Fabulous list!!!

Thanks!

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

newtintn
on 5/3/11 2:57 pm - TN
 OMG Lady are you serious?! EWWW! Thanks for the heads up! Blech

flyingwoman
on 5/3/11 10:23 pm

So is gelatin (Jello) FWIW.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
deborahgalek31
on 5/3/11 9:02 pm
An artical of interest that I found:

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/topic/24440-is-all-protein- created-equal/

These contain Whey Protein Isolate, but also the crappy protein too...so I'm not sure how much of the protein in it is viable:

http://www.bodyfortress.com/SUPER-PROTEIN-SHOT

Anything that contains Hydrolyzed Collagenic Protien Isolate is the protien made from hooves, horns, and bones and we don't absorb it well at all.  Try to find something that is Whey or Soy.

Live Long and Prosper  \ V / ,
Debbie
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/3/11 10:57 pm - OH
I noticed that at the very bottom of the first link you sent, someone from one of the companies that makes the protein vials responded -- well, sort of -- to a question about the quality and bioavailability of their protein products.  Notice that he never DID answer the question about the amino acids... he skipped over it by just saying that it is only ONE measure of the quality of a protein and then going on about raw versus cooked egg whites.

Yes, it is only ONE measure, but being able to actually ABSORB the protein would seem to be the most IMPORTANT measure....

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

nurse1johnson
on 5/3/11 10:07 pm
I am just beginning my weight loss journey and I have replaced my breakfast with a protein shake, I use the body fortress super advanced Whey protein  Vanilla flavor and I mix it with 1% milk and I love it. They also have chocolate  and  think cookies  in cream.
Tammy
P.S. I get it at walmart and it 14.00 for a 2 lb cannister
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/3/11 10:48 pm - OH
If the collagen protein is the first type of protein shown in the ingredients list, don't waste your money or your calories, because you will get VERY little protein from them.

(Oh, and, BTW, a new martketing play is for them to talk about the amino acids.... but just becuase they say that have SOME of the critical amino acids does NOT mean they have ALL of the ones needed to absorb even their crappy protein.  Don't fall for the trickery.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics