only 10 lbs down??

ati27
on 8/29/11 12:57 am - NY
I had the surgery on August 17th and i only lost 10 lbs to date. my starting weight was 205 and i weight 195, why isnt more coming off, its 2 weeks or so since..

acbbrown
on 8/29/11 1:02 am - Granada Hills, CA
That's not really a question anyone can answer. Everyone loses at their own rate - this is not a magic overnight weight loss cure - it takes time. Some lose really fast, others slow. It's too early for you to determine what rate you are going to lose. You are still recovering from major trauma to your body.

Stay off the scale for a month and just heal. Focus on getting protein/water in and forget about the scale.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ati27
on 8/29/11 1:08 am - NY
yes im doing really well with food intake, and able to keep everything down, just so nervous i wont lose. but good advice, i know i should follow...i cant get away from that scale..

Father Don
on 8/29/11 1:26 am - Charleston, SC
Not even 2 weeks out.  You have lost 10 pounds.  On what diet were you ever on that you lost that much (5 pounds per week) that consistently?

I have lost 5-10 the first week - especially on fad liquid diets, but not CONSISTENTLY! 

Relax - it will happen.  You won't wake up tomorrow a skinny B*tch....It took you a while to get to where you are, it will take time to lose it too....but it WILL come off if you follow the diet!

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

BriarRose
on 8/29/11 1:18 am
Actually, losing 10 pounds in under two weeks is incredible !!! This is not magic, it takes time for your body to heal, remember this IS major surgery !! Also, you are a "lightweight" and the pounds come off slower for many of those who did not start out as hugely obese as some of us did.

Frankly, though; I lost 34 pounds pre op, and have lost 74 since January 24th.

You are doing great. Lower your expectations just a little bit, as far as how fast the pounds are going to come off, and you will be happier when they do !!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
frannypance
on 8/29/11 1:31 am
 Don't get discouraged.  I did the same thing.  Stalled after the first week but then the weight started coming off again.  It isn't unusual to stay at the same weight for several days and then lose a few pounds.  You aren't eating very much at this time and your body is still trying to decide what happened to it.  Give it time and it will work.  

LabMomma
on 8/29/11 3:04 am
VSG on 09/27/10 with
What are you eating on a daily basis? How much water are you getting in? 

CSAL
on 8/29/11 11:21 pm - Canada
hey Ati27,
 I too had surgery the same day and am  down about the same since surgery, in fact today I noticed a small gain of about 1/2 lb.
 I am having trouble getting all the water in..... protein isn't a problem bu****er tastes yucky now and crystal lite is way to sweet for me.
 I am going to try and weigh in just once a week... maybe that will help the anxiety.
I am still on full liquids, how about you?
 I do notice that I am looking thinner and that my clothes feel a whole lot better.( no gapping buttons or pockets ;) )
Sal
 VSG: AUG 17, 2011    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views