very upset with myself

indra35
on 10/23/11 12:40 pm
I was sleeved a year ago in June i went into have surgery weighing 293.4 and was going really good but i was personal pay so i feel like my surgeon didnt go thru the guidelines witth me like he should have. i really never was told how much protein and carbs to eat. I lost 40 lbs. without trying a whole lot and then it just got easier to eat and drink back to my regular amount on occasion.i hear you guys talk on here about sipping, i use to have a problem but now that time has gone by i can take three or four big drinks at one time. I see all the progress that you uys have and i feel like such a failure and that i wasted my money i dont know if my sleeve was made larger than most but i dont have a problem eating like a whole grilled chicken breastand vegetables. Im just so tired of the whole being FAT thing im going to be 37 years old and have been the same size for the last 16 years going up and down 10 to 15 lbs. i just hope and pray someone out there can help me out. Im so frustrated!!!
indra

acbbrown
on 10/23/11 12:47 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Sipping applies to new post-ops when there is swelling or for those that have a hard time taking big drinks. At 4.5 mo out, i dont sip anymore. Drinking isnt really a problem unless you are drinking high calorie sugary drinks.

There are basic WLS principles that need to be followed for maximum success. You still have a tool - take some time to learn about what you need to do, and do it.

Here's a link I found useful posted by other members.

http://www.sleeveguide.com/uploads/1/7/9/4/1794785/dietguidevged42006feb.pdf

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Soosy
on 10/23/11 12:53 pm - TX
You should definitely get back to basics!
I think if you find a local support group and maybe team up with a newbie it would help you tremendously!

Don't be discouraged! You have your tool you just need a new program guide to learn how to use it!!
~Susan
http://samesoosy.blogspot.com
VSG: September 13, 2011   HW:285    SW:253

indra35
on 10/23/11 1:10 pm
THANK YOU both so much it is greatly appreciated
percheron
on 10/23/11 2:36 pm, edited 10/23/11 2:37 pm
Hi.  I agree with the others, support groups and back to basics.

I have only been sleeved about 7 weeks and am already able to just drink water freely, no restriction at all and it scared me a bit but I am just adjusting and being careful NOT to gulp so I don't get use to it or at least realize it.

Get with a good local support group and by all means, talk and share with those members so you can get some advice and guidance. 

You will be OK, the tool is there and you can still use it. 

Go back to measuring and weighing your servings for everything.  It is what keeps my mind OK with eating anything.  I am afraid of putting anything in my body that isn't needed.  We all have days where we may make a mistake, but then we have to just move on and make the right choices to make it all work.

Take care and if nothing else, just start over.  You have had a good weight loss already, just start fresh and continue on your journey. 

DebbieL.
on 10/23/11 3:15 pm - OK
I sent you a message.
katier825
on 10/23/11 7:15 pm
I think you can get back on track if you really try! It sounds like you aren't measuring your food. Just because you CAN eat a whole chicken breast doesn't mean you should. Measure out a few ounces and eat only what is on your plate. Don't eat until full. Try to get 60-80 protein and keep your carbs 40-60. I bet if you do, the weight will start coming off. Hang in there, you can do it!
frisco
on 10/23/11 8:47 pm, edited 10/23/11 8:48 pm
Edit: Sorry....forgot...you don't like my posts.........

Carry on !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Ms. Poker Face
on 10/24/11 12:02 am
You've gotten some good advice here.  And while it sounds like you may have a bigger sleeve than some, it can still be used as your tool! 

Are you limiting carbs?  Many of us in the losing phase try to keep carbs below 40.  This serves two purposes for me... the less carbs I eat, the less carbs I want.  And my body can't store protein for later use like it can with carbs.  Thus, the high protein, low crab eating plan.

Are you drinking your fluids?  More than 64 oz per day of calorie free beverages is important for hydration and may also help keep hunger at bay (for some).

Are you taking a PPI?  Stomach acid can mimic hunger so a PPI like Prilosec may knock it down.

Are you exercising?  This is my current downfall.  I need to up the exercise to boost my weight loss, especially as I get smaller.

You can do this, but it takes more than just the sleeve.  I've heard it stated as Compliance and Commitment.  Compliance to an eating plan.  Commitment to doing the right stuff.

Lastly, I find it immensely helpful to log my food intake.  When i don't, I quickly find that I'm underestimating the amount I'm eating.  In the losing phase, I'm shooting for 600-800 calories, more than 60 g of protein and less than 40 g of carbs.

You can do this!  But you must decide on your plan and stick to it!  Keep visiting us when you need guidance and support.  It's what we're for!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views