VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Watch me turn into ...

Watch me turn into a jerk

Pkrplyr777
on 4/25/12 6:50 am - CT
S.O. B. where the HELL is the LIKE button?
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
michellemj
on 4/25/12 4:20 am
As a fellow scientist...I'll offer support (and a facefive) for the idiots that think that their fake data won't be caught. and I completely understand why it leads to this sort of a post.

(but at least you aren't suffering in academia...wanna help write a grant?). :)

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

ruggie
on 4/25/12 5:48 am - Sacramento, CA
No, no, no nononononononono.

I'm happy to have left academia and relaiance on grants. :)

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

sublimate
on 4/25/12 5:40 am - San Jose, CA
OMG you are so right on! I love your take on the most common stuff you see on OH. So here's my take on this. When I find myself just frustrated or feeling that I can't be helpful because I am so irritated by the stupid questions, I just take a break from OH or the main board.

The thing is that people aren't usually helped by advice that makes them feel defensive or points out their errors or ignorance, so if I can't say things in a nice helpful way that they can actually HEAR, then I've wasted my breath and our time.

I also have learned to skim the titles on the posts and let others deal with the boring, same old questions. After all, I created the FAQ for just such questions. You might find that a simple post pointing out the FAQ (in my sig line) makes you feel as if you done SOMETHING, without frustrating yourself.

Because it sure can be frustrating, can't it? Like I said I can relate, just keep in mind that you can't help if you aren't able to get through to a person because you are unable to offer wisdom in a constructive way that people are open to hearing.

But again, I absolutely LOVE the way you pretty much summed up every frustrating situation on OH. Sometimes I want to say the same things you said in your post, but again I know it's a waste. I try to live my life in a goal oriented way. I figure out what the end result I want is, and then my actions and behaviors are sculpted to get that result.

If my end result is feeling I want to actually be helpful, and actually pass on wisdom and have people feel comfortable then what I say and how I say it has to be done in a way that has the end result in mind. Otherwise.. just don't trouble yourself. You don't need that stress!

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

bunnymom
on 4/25/12 6:34 am
Hmmm--makes you wonder what all the psych evals are for--why were not some of these folks winnowed out at the beginning?
Bunnymom            
sublimate
on 4/25/12 9:02 am, edited 4/25/12 9:54 am - San Jose, CA

As a nutritionist, I can tell you that the depth of ignorance on this topic is astounding.  I don't blame society, I blame the greedy corporations and ignorance they spread to promote their goods, and their blatant use of biased science.

I also have a psych degree and I can tell you it would be unethical for you to deny someone life saving surgery just because they might not have detailed knowledge of nutrition, follow rules to a T, or because they don't understand basic anatomy.  They are just there to cover the basics and make sure you are competent to make a life/death decision and you aren't suicidal or suffering from a mental disorder that would disqualify you for making a competent decision. 

They are not there to judge how well you will lose weight or if you will do stupid things that might jeopardize your health due to ignorance.  There are lots of people who may be ignorant about these topics but have a great deal of knowledge or things to offer the world in other areas.

I have all sorts of WLS friends who come to me for nutritional advice and I would NEVER mock them for their ignorance on this topic, because they all have value and wisdom in some area of life, even if it's not nutrition.  If we were all perfect without some degree of psych problems we probably wouldn't have needed surgery in the first place.. myself included.

I've also seen many vets who are at goal or not even at goal "justify" or make food choices that I might consider questionable, but I don't feel the need to police other people.  Like I said, I know it can be frustrating to try to share information and learn new things or help others in such a broad forum, but I think it's helpful to see things from a different perspective sometimes.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

diane S.
on 4/25/12 7:28 am
OMG Ruggie, your snarky gland is in overdrive. You might have to have it radiated. Personally I think I have two or three snarky glands which have gotten me in trouble when they activate my mouth. Lucky for me I am a poor typist and don't do so much sniping with a keyboard.

Well since you had a rotten work day this is as good a place as any to vent and ***** and might as well. Freudian defense of displacement or something. Anyway, your post is a hoot and I know you will settle down and climb down from the ceiling and have a nice glass of wine and return to your charming true self. A bad day at work can truly make you want to kill the next person who says good morning.

I once posted a question on the forum asking if it was possible to eat regular yogurt after vsg because I hated artificial sweeteners. got a nice answer from McMadame. Post op i realize how ridiculous this was. Oh well. baby steps for all

diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

ruggie
on 4/25/12 8:27 am - Sacramento, CA
Ah well, yes, but that's a "normal" and typical progression question.  At least you weren't trying to blenderize pizza.

Cirangle told me a great story about a patient of his that actually tried that for the purred phase. 

I almost don't believe the story - but I believe it.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

frisco
on 4/25/12 8:42 am
On April 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM Pacific Time, ruggie wrote:
Ah well, yes, but that's a "normal" and typical progression question.  At least you weren't trying to blenderize pizza.

Cirangle told me a great story about a patient of his that actually tried that for the purred phase. 

I almost don't believe the story - but I believe it.

I can't believe he ratted me out !!!!

It was a Round Table Supreme......Thin Crust !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

diane S.
on 4/25/12 9:01 am
Hmmm  Frisco, not surprised on your creativity!  Now maybe you can invent a pizza flavored protein drink. And then make it one that you can order and have delivered hot in 30 minutes!    D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!!