VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Watch me turn into ...

Watch me turn into a jerk

ruggie
on 4/25/12 9:31 am - Sacramento, CA
No one will believe that it was you - the thin crust joke gives you away!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/12 10:31 am

MacMadame
on 4/25/12 4:34 pm - Northern, CA
Um, what did I say??

LOL

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

diane S.
on 4/26/12 3:11 am
a kind response about ordinary yogurt being ok. of course i subsequently learned there were better choices but at the time it was what i needed to know. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Crabadams72
on 4/25/12 12:54 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Pre-surgery I spent HOURS reading old and new posts. I dug into the info given by vets and people that lost a lot of weight quickly.

I notice the newer people seem rather combative when you give them advice that counters what info they were given by the bariatric center they use. So many people are getting BAD information, many do NOT do and research, sheet they don't even google stuff that is within easy reach.

How one can have surgery and NOT have a food plan makes no sense to me. How are so many "confused" about what to eat post surgery. I wonder if the number of people that cannot read--have something to do with this.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

ruggie
on 4/25/12 1:00 pm - Sacramento, CA
I think that's something that is boggling the vets the most (real vets, not month-old vets like me) - that people are walking out of this surgery seeming to not know what to eat - which would seem to be the single most important thing to know.  That's why it can get depressing.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Crabadams72
on 4/25/12 1:07 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Like others say, sometimes you have to take a break from the main vsg forum.

VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

MacMadame
on 4/25/12 4:36 pm - Northern, CA
"Oh, you would like some ideas on why you're not losing my weight, but you have neglected to tell us your starting weight, current weight, surgery type, calorie intake, protein/carb info, exercise info, fluid intake info, etc. "

What frustrates me about this is not that they don't give a lot of info. Because you can always ask for the info.

What frustrates me is that even before  you get the info at least three people will chime in with  "you aren't eating enough!" Even though they have no  idea what the person is eating...

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Birdie55
on 4/26/12 2:04 am
Ruggie,
Your post totally cracked me up.  How many times I've thought similar thoughts to yours.  But I have quit posting on the main board....there seems to be a newer bunch of experts that respond to all questions.

When I was new to the board (back when it was much slower) I went back 100+ pages and read everything that looked interesting.  So, by the time I was scheduling my surgery I had a pretty good idea of where I was heading.  

That said, it is a physical surgery...not mental, so I had to face the eating reality that we all did after surgery.  I hit goal pretty easily and then popped up 5 lbs from easing what I was eating.  I'm still working on adjusting to those 5 lbs.  Fortunately I have not regained much of the hunger sensation.  I see so many people who still have hunger or are allowing themselves to fall back into bad eating habits.  It's scary to watch.  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

vacationlover
on 4/26/12 11:19 am
 :). After a horrible work week, I needed something like this to make me lol :). Thanks!

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7