VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Watch me turn into ...

Watch me turn into a jerk

ruggie
on 4/24/12 4:32 pm - Sacramento, CA
So, I won't go into details, but I had a pretty trying day at work today, involving the sorts of politics that only arrogent scientists could craft - politics is bad enough, but injecting and manipulating data makes it worse.

So I'm in a pretty foul mood.

And there are those times when I want to just yell at some of these newbies - as if I was never a newbie - but some of these questions... especially the ones where they ask "Is it ok if I have something I probably shouldn't?"  (Then I almost feel it's a race to who posts first! - because both camps will post, by the first post does set the majority tone a lot of the time for that specific thread).

On this day, it's taking all my effort to not be a snide, sarcastic ass.  It's a bad day.

==============================================

Yes, there is in fact something very wrong with you that you've only lost five pounds in your one week of post-op.  I think your surgeon has screwed up your surgery and removed your liver instead.  You should be losing at least twenty pounds per day.  Get a lawyer.

Ok, you're less than two weeks out but your surgeon said no carbonation - oh but you found a soda that has less carbonation?  Sure, go ahead and drink it.  Have a few!  He's just a big meanie anyway.  Soda is great for dieting after all.

My goodance, you have generated so my pity in my heart that you cannot "tolerate" the taste of your chewable vitamins.  I certainly don't blame you for stoping eating them.  After all, we don't want to improve your health if the cost is 10 seconds of absolute taste torture - chewable vitamins are the worst tasting thing on the planet, after all.

I know it's challenging to get down to goal, and now that it's slowed down for you, instead of exercising more or cutting calories, I definitely think you should take that drug you read about that they sell in  Mexico that makes you lose weight with only a mild chance of heart attack.  Double up - you'll lose faster.  You'll also be so much more productive since you won't need sleep either.

You're two weeks after surgery and you don't know what to eat and you ask a group of strangers what to eat instead the man you paid several thousand dollars to slice you up.  Did it occur to ask about how you might eat before the surgery?  Oh right, I was pretty busy too before my surgrey for such little details too. 

Yes, if you can physically blend it, then it's a puree food.  Just add enough water and the cheeseburger will puree - that bun sure does soak up a lot!

So I see you've decided that if God "lets" you survive your surgery, you're just going to let him worry about getting the vitamins you need from food?  Interesting.  Does he make your life insurance policy choice as well?  Just curious how far this relationship goes.

Oh yes, pizza is definitely an all-around approved WLS food since you're buying the thin crust pizza.  Boy, I was ready to yell at you thinking it was regular crust pizza, but you have clearly found a health food here.

(Also seen with pizza) You're right!  Pizza is an excellent source of protein during weight loss since it's made with high-fat cheese and fatty protein! 

I did not, in fact, realize that one's soul could be nourished with food.  I thought food nourishes one's body, but I'm just a biochemist, what do I know?  Eat if your soul is hungry.

Let's be honest, the only thing that tastes worst than chewable vitamins is protein shakes.  I've found you can make them tolerable if you make them with whole milk and add a half-cup of peanut butter.... yum!!!!

Do I know an upstate VSG surgeon in New York that takes Podunk Insurance and doesn't require any blood work or psych consult?   In fact, I do have a list of 17 doctors here that fit that criteria.  For some reason.

Oh, you would like some ideas on why you're not losing my weight, but you have neglected to tell us your starting weight, current weight, surgery type, calorie intake, protein/carb info, exercise info, fluid intake info, etc.  Yeah, fortunately the cameras I have installed in your apartment informs me it's because you're eating chips and lots of them.

Yes, someone losing weight faster than you is proof that something is wrong with you.

No no, I should completely coddle you and tell you it's ok, you poor thing, after you have hurt yourself by eating six chocolate chips cookies in 5 minutes.  It was wrong of me to ask "what were you thinking" or "did you realize that's twice the size of your stomach"?  I will learn to express only pity for those kinds of mistakes.  

Oh, you're a DS patient, and you think that anyone who gets a VSG or RnY are idiots and everyone who does is eventually going to get a revision into a DS?  I better go ahead and book my surgery now.

No, of course you have to live a little.  That's why you can eat calorie dense food and and cake on:  major holidays, minor holidays, your birthdays, family birthdays, coworker birthdays, major milestone events, minor milestone events, good days worth celebrating, bad days worth forgetting, when you need to 'live' a little and every Tuesday and Thursday.  Also, is food is free or brought in by someone.  It's the law to eat it then.

I'm pretty sure that if I put a scoop of unflavored protein into cookie dough mix you'd never taste it, but it's enough to make you wretch in your soup.  Ok.  I'm sure there's nothing mental going on here at all.

I don't know why you've been unable to get to goal either after being stalled for several months, but I agree with you that it's not because you don't exercise or keep a food log.  I mean, the people that lose all their weight don't exercise or log their food, right?

Yes, just by reminding you that the average WLS patient only loses 70% of their excess weight in the long run, I am automatically being unsupportive and saying you will fail.  Clearly you will lose 120% excess weight.  

===============================================

Alright, I'm done being a jerk for now.  Going to bed.  Blah.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

frisco
on 4/24/12 6:26 pm

Ruggie.....

Pull it together bud !!!!

Your supposed to be stepping up while the rest of us phase out of the VSG Main Board.........

You have your work cut out for you !!!! Some messed up **** going on nowadays !!!!!!

Both from surgeons and patients !!!!!

I get in trouble all the time for getting "Snarky"

- I'm sleeved !!!! What do I eat !!!!  (Really........)
- God intended me to eat it...... (God came up with Rat Poison also.....gonna eat that)
- I know they say don't drink with meals....I get pain when I drink with meals....Why? I'm a Why person......(My snarky remark to this one was....I'm a Why Person also....but when the sign in front of the bridge says DO NOT USE..... That's all I need.....)
- I'm in a 3 month stall.........No Comment.....
- I'm 400lbs. right now, getting sleeved next week and I'm in a wedding in 6 months.....what size dress should I order?
- My mother in-law made me eat it........
- The wind blew......

Take a day off...than get back in there !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/25/12 1:25 am
That drink with meals post really got me.  I couldn't even believe it... had to re-read it a couple times before I understood that she was dead serious about needing to try it for herself to understand WHY.

Seriously, WTF?

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

ruggie
on 4/25/12 5:19 am - Sacramento, CA
Oh oh oh yes!!!!!!

That was the hardest thing to not reply to in a snarky fashion last night!

"Things seem to be going pretty good, so I thought I'd try drinking while I eat food".  I read that as "Things are going pretty well, so I figured it's time to directly sabotage myself now." 

Yes, I had to re-read it too for the same reason!  And I started and deleted three times and just said "screw it".  I was going to challenge her on her drivers - why do something you're not supposed to when things are working?  Moreover... if it didn't cause you pain, would you still be drinking with your food?  Because that's why she stopped!  Do you have self-destructive tendancies?  What is really driving your behavior to screw up a good time?

That post was hard on me.

Pkrplyr777
on 4/25/12 1:43 am - CT
I often wonder if I sounded as stupid early on.
I do remember vaguely a reply to one of my early posts from Frisco that cut me to the quick. Left a mark, if I remember correctly.

But, can't remember what it was about.
Too tough skinned and air-headed to care for long I guess.
Either way, it must have done the trick because I know a lot more now than when I started and I'm getting where I want to be.

It's just that while idiocy goes well with the Immigrant song...Tough love is better with George Thorogood.
(There's that party in my head again...)

I know I appreciated the education along the way and I expect I will continue to do my best to educate those that follow no matter how idiotic they sound.

Because in the end you can fix ignorant but you can't fix stupid.

cheers,
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
ruggie
on 4/25/12 5:23 am - Sacramento, CA
Oh it's fine - we were all newbies at some point (although some of us didn't ask some of these questions) - the point was while I usually try to be tolerant and supportive, I just had no capacity or buffer for it last night.

There was another posts where a woman asks what her PPI does, and responded "are you telling me there's acid in my tummy?"

Yes, Virginia, there is acid in your... "tummy".

Pkrplyr777
on 4/25/12 7:30 am - CT
ROFLMAO....Like button clicked.

frisco
on 4/25/12 6:26 am
On April 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM Pacific Time, Pkrplyr777 wrote:
I do remember vaguely a reply to one of my early posts from Frisco that cut me to the quick. Left a mark, if I remember correctly.

Either way, it must have done the trick because I know a lot more now than when I started and I'm getting where I want to be.

It's just that while idiocy goes well with the Immigrant song...Tough love is better with George Thorogood.

I know I appreciated the education along the way and I expect I will continue to do my best to educate those that follow no matter how idiotic they sound.

cheers,
donna

Ouch..........

A mark.....really.....A thousand apologies ..........

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Pkrplyr777
on 4/25/12 7:12 am - CT
On April 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM Pacific Time, frisco wrote:
On April 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM Pacific Time, Pkrplyr777 wrote:

cheers,
donna

Ouch..........

A mark.....really.....A thousand apologies ..........

frisco

Awww sweetie, don't apologize. I forgave you 18 sizes ago and I've bought new underwear at least that many times.
You're words probably motivated me the most. (even though I can't remember exactly what they were).
You just keep doing what you do. Trust me, for the most part what ever doesn't kill them will definately make them skinnier. LOL
If you don't believe me, check out the bandage dress I just bought for when my husband gets home tomorrow.

cheers,
donna

heathermc44
on 4/27/12 11:47 am - Bremerton, WA
You have incredible legs!!