VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Is it just me frust...

Is it just me frustrated ....

Maureen K.
on 7/2/12 7:12 am
 Ok I hop on the boards every now and then stop by main vsg board first I use to like to go there thought I could help add something give back but lately I get so frustrated reading the posts people 1,2,3,4,5 weeks out talking about eating all kinds of food the wrong one frustrated with their weight loss week 2 I mean really I am no saint by any means  but I definitely stuck to the plan the first 8 months I mean I was so scared of a leak I didn't dare eat I wasn't cleared to have solid foods until 6 weeks and it seems like lately they are all eating right out of the gate and there only concern is they stretched it or their lack of loss are you kidding me I'm sorry for ranting I guess I have just gotten to the time when I need to take a break from this place thanks ya all 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/12 10:18 am
Maureen, believe me, it is not just you and I get exactly where you are coming from on this.  I sometimes just need a breather away from the main vsg board.   Something has definitely changed there.
Maureen K.
on 7/2/12 12:03 pm
 Thanks it feels good to know I'm not crazy and just to hard on the newbies I have refrained from saying anything but boy sone days I just want to get on there and really let them have it but then I would come off line I think I'm better than them which is not the case oh well like I said I guess I'll take a break for awhile 

BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Crabadams72
on 7/2/12 11:30 am - Silver Spring, MD
It's awful over there. I noticed a lot if the really smart vets are gone. Even worse is the attitude the new folks have towards any advice the vets give.

There was a recent post asking people why they would follow vets and not their own NUTS. Maybe because folks at and below goal know a little something about getting the weight off!
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Maureen K.
on 7/2/12 12:07 pm
 Thanks I saw that post too I mean really I know we aren't doctors but we do have real life experiences and it is not a one size fits all thing and doctors tend to preach a one size fits all but the vets we have real life experience and what works for some might not work for others so it is good to know all the different things that we have all done and tried so you can maybe find what might help you oh those people make me want to scream thanks again for letting me know I'm not alone I'm gonna take a break it is hard for me though becuz I really loved giving back as so many helped me Ali g the way but I guess I'm no help if they dont listen thanks again 

BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

MacMadame
on 7/2/12 1:18 pm - Northern, CA
I think it's a side effect of the VSG becoming more mainstream. Before most of us had to self-pay or fight our insurance companies to get it so more people really knew their stuff before they had surgery and were more dedicated afterwards since they had to fight so hard for it. Now any Tom, Dick and  Harry can it and .... they do! 

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

LeahBea
on 7/2/12 2:58 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Agreed! It's hard to not go on rants over there... I just can't understand the mentality of, "oh, ONE (fill in whatever off plan food is being eaten) won't kill me or slow my loss..."

I especially don't understand the, "I'm going to get cut up but have no idea how to eat/take care of myself afterwards" line of thinking.

Sigh.... I guess not everyone is as anal as I am about wanting to know EVERYTHING they can about what they're doing to themselves.

Leah

Crabadams72
on 7/2/12 11:00 pm - Silver Spring, MD
I was obsessed about researching. I literally did not sleep and read these boards backwards and forward. There was no way I was going to get cut up and not know what to eat the week after surgery!
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Ms. Poker Face
on 7/3/12 12:03 am
I started avoiding the main VSG board awhile ago, which is sad because I enjoyed giving back after I had learned so much from those who had gone before me! However, I had enough of the whining, crying, complaining, justification of bad choices, miseducation followed by slamming of vets, etc. I just couldn't keep supporting something that made me feel emotionally unhealthy. It was the McD bagel post that finally did me in... and low and behold... that person is now struggling to lose weight even though they aren't that far out and have a good bit left to lose.

I gave up, sadly. Taking a break for now. May try to go back at some point. But I need my sanity!!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

gabriellaz
on 7/6/12 10:37 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12