VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Are my eyes deceivi...

Are my eyes deceiving me

Maureen K.
on 7/8/12 2:51 am
 Ok so lately when I look in the mirror I see someone who is over weight again ... I know Im not haven't gained anything still wearing same size 4 or 5  small or med in tops but I just look in the mirror and can't stand what I am seeing I see fat I haven't felt like this in a long time It was just a few months ago I was seeing myself as thin and now I am so frustrated with the way I feel and look.

Just wondering has anyone else experienced this , this far out 3.5 years and what you did to handle it. 
I feel like I need to lose more weight and the hubby says no way I started really excercising today took the dogs on a three mile run this morning and anyone who knows me knows I hate excercise so this must be serious lol. 

Thanks for listening. 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Crabadams72
on 7/8/12 3:18 am - Silver Spring, MD
I'm Only a yr out but I think you look great!
Maybe you should look at old pictures and take new ones and compare them.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

justeric78
on 7/8/12 3:56 am - Houston, TX
I feel the same way daily. It was why stopping the losing phase was so hard for me. I did not want to admit this was it, all i worked for. Handful of stomach and chest skin hanging. It is also why I decided I am going to have PS. I have started the long insurance process for it. if that does not work then I will self pay. I am not nearly as far out as you though and it is a different issue all together really since you are drop dead gorgeous lady. I am sure though even after PS I wil have those days. Chin up, I am not a bad looking guy and think your a hawtie for whatever good that does ..its all I got sorry

Disclaimer..I am not a pig but thought the comment might help
Maureen K.
on 7/8/12 5:37 am
 Thank you both you are too kind, although I was not looking for compliments they are appreciated. I had plastic surgery and it helped but now I feel like I could use more actually have an appt tomorrow to talk to him about some other area I would like to do but I will have to save for it my husband thinks I've gone crazy and that no matter what I will never be happy I hope he is wrong anyway thanks for the support and kind words never think of you as a pig ;) 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/12 7:23 am
Maureen, I agree with the others, I think you are beautiful.  But that is not really an answer to your post, the truth is that you are feeling less than beautiful.  When you look at things objectively, are you really overweight or maybe it's just age catching up to all of us.  Body dysmorphic disorder or milder versions of the same thing are rampant in the WLS community.  Would you allow for the possibility that it is your perception and believe system about beauty that might be a little off?  I am not saying that they are, I don't really know, but it's worth examining otherwise your husband is right and no amount of "work" will fix it unless its work on the internal dialog.  Hugs to you and I hate days when I don't feel pretty, so I get it at least on some basic level.
diane S.
on 7/8/12 9:24 am
Strange that you were seeing yourself thin a few months ago but now are seeing fat when your weight hasn't changed. Has something else changed in your life that is troublesome?

When I look in the mirror I see a lot of saggy skin that I will always have and its not too pretty but I also see the outline of a slim person of normal healthy weight. when i see my shadow i see a slim person who has the outline of a 30 year old and can wear jeans with sparkles on the butt.

Guess I am saying is make it a project to find positive things about yourself to focus on and even stop looking in the mirror for awhile.  Life is to short to spend one minute feeling bad about fat that isn't there. We all did so much of that as teenagers and its the one thing of my youth I regret.

Exercise is good as it may lift your mood.   Hope you feel better about this soon.

Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

wls2011
on 7/9/12 6:54 am - Ballston Lake, NY
Are you eating more unhealthy or "fattening" foods lately?
I know that whenever I eat poorly, I start to feel fat, and see fat in the mirror..... it is definitely psychological...since my weight typically doesn't change when I go through these periods of feeling fat....
I'm also likely to feel this way when I miss a couple workouts....I know logically that it is long term lifestyle choices that made me fat, but I'm very fearful of re-gain and I think that messes with my mind, and I think it is going to show up on the scale immediately and when it doesn't, it suprises me.
I am not as far out as you, and haven't had plastics, I was kind of hoping this would go away, but maybe we will periodically still suffer from body dysmorphia...I know that I sometimes I feel great about myself and what I've accomplished and other times, I feel fat and gross still....it is a shame, and I'm trying to get over it....and trying to enjoy where I'm at....my husband says I'm never going to be happy and that I look great...so I know what you mean.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

tripmom02
on 7/24/12 7:58 am - NJ
 I am not as far out as you but MAN am I struggling with this one. For a few months I felt like the smallest woman on the planet, I was SO skinny and sexy. Now, without having gained any weight or gone out of my comfort range I am feeling huge, I look in the mirror and I am not at all happy with what I see (naked or clothed). 

I wish they could fix our brains along with our stomachs, it's like my head just does NOT want me to feel good about myself no matter how good I really look! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision