Air-Fryer Stuffed Chicken ParmJanuary 27, 2023
Looking for a quick and easy meal when time is short? Well, break out your air fryer and give this Air-Fryer Stuffed Chicken Parm a try. Hungry Girl’s Lisa Lillien has put her own twist on the classic chicken parmesan dish with this tender, cheesy stuffed chicken recipe. It takes just 15 minutes to put together and will be ready to serve after 25 minutes in the air fryer. Enjoy!
Air-Fryer Stuffed Chicken Parm
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 2 Servings
Prep: 15 minutes, Cook: 25 minutes, Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Two 5-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 3 tbsp. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (about 2 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce with 3g fat or less per serving
- 2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix breadcrumbs with 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp. onion powder.
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. onion powder, and 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper. Top with mozzarella. Tightly roll up each chicken breast, and secure with toothpicks.
- Place one stuffed chicken breast in a wide bowl. Evenly top with half of the egg. Shake to remove excess, and transfer to an air fryer basket sprayed with nonstick spray. Generously coat with half of the seasoned breadcrumbs. Repeat with remaining stuffed chicken breast. Evenly top with any remaining breadcrumbs.
- Set air fryer temperature to 365 degrees. Cook for 20 - 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Place marinara in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 20 seconds, or until hot.
- Top chicken with marinara and Parm.
Oven Alternative: Place in an 8” X 8” baking pan (sprayed with nonstick spray), and cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees, removing foil after 20 minutes.
1/2 of recipe (1 stuffed chicken breast):
Calories 270; Carbohydrates 10 grams; Fat 7 grams; Protein 39 grams
Check out more recipes from Hungry Girl on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|