Chef Henry’s Buttery Barramundi Fish RecipeFebruary 9, 2024
This Buttery Barramundi Fish recipe is a quick and easy yet healthy dish that can be prepared as a weeknight meal.
Barramundi is a popular fish in Australia. It has a nice buttery flavor, so the lemon butter sauce is a great accompaniment. This recipe is high in protein and a great source of fiber, while also being flavorful and colorful.
While barramundi is a perfect fit for this recipe, it may be hard to find, so you can substitute with tilapia. The two fish have similar texture, shape, and size, and since this is a lighter dish, tilapia is a great substitute.
Chef Henry's Buttery Barramundi Fish
Recipe by: Chef Henry of Chef Healthy Henry
Makes 4 Servings
Total Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (For Lemon Butter Mixture)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp basil chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
Ingredients (For the Fish)
- 2-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 barramundi filets, 5-6 oz each
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups spinach
- Freshly chopped basil
- Lemon slices
- Cherry tomato sliced
Make the sauce:
- In a small pan, add the butter and heat until it just starts to brown, stirring often add the garlic and basil and sauté for 1 minute then add the lemon juice and zest. Keep warm.
- Rinse and pat-dry fish filets to remove all excess moisture. Sprinkle top of filets with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over high heat. Carefully add the fish, skin side down in a single layer and let cook undisturbed for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and carefully turn fish and cook for another 3 minutes undisturbed. Once browned, transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with any remaining fish.
- Just before serving, re-warm the Lemon Butter Mixture if needed, and evenly distribute over the fish filets.
- To serve, add spinach to the plate, then place the fish on top.
- Garnish with salt, chopped basil, tomato, and lemon slices.
Calories 44; Carbohydrates 9 grams; Fat 31 grams; Protein 36 grams
My weight loss journey started on 11/30/2020. On that day, I weighed 365 pounds. After years of trying to lose weight with a simple diet and exercise, I decided I needed help. I talked to my doctor and after going through the pre-surgery program, I finally took the big step that changed my life. It’s been more than three years now and I’m down 140 pounds and I look, and more importantly, I feel so much better. - Chef Henry
ABOUT THE AUTHORChef Healthy Henry had WLS in 2020 and has lost over 165 pounds. He offers online and in person cooking classes centered around helping people make their kitchen a more holistic and inviting environment so they look forward to actually being in the kitchen. He also runs the recipe website Chef Healthy Henry.
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.