Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe: Make-Ahead, Protein & FiberOctober 17, 2019
This top-rated Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe is too good to be true with the layers of southwestern seasoned chicken, black beans, enchilada sauce, and tortillas, topped with melted cheese to create a scrumptious make-ahead dish.
Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe
Recipe by: Holly Clegg
Makes 8 Servings
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken breast rotisserie
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained, 15-ounce
- 1 can diced green chilies 4.5 ounce
- 1 can red enchilada sauce 10-ounce
- 8 corn tortillas quartered, 6-inch
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese divided
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven 350 F°. Coat an 11 x 7x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, black beans, and green chilies
- Spread half of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of a baking dish. Place four quartered tortillas over the sauce, overlapping.
- Spoon half the chicken mixture over tortillas, and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and dollop the yogurt on top. Next, spoon the remaining enchilada sauce, and make another layer of tortillas, and remaining chicken mixture.
- Cover dish with foil. Bake 25-30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Return to oven 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 235; Carbohydrates 18 grams; Fat 8 grams; Protein 23 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg is a culinary expert on easy, healthy and practical recipes. She has a new book "Guy’s Guide to Eating Well: A Man’s Cookbook for Health and Wellness" and has appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, and Huff Post. She has also consulted for Walmart, Teflon, The Coca-Cola Company, and hospitals throughout the U.S.
See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|