Healthy Barbeque Shrimp RecipeJune 21, 2019
My daughter, Haley, is known for my lighter version of New Orleans Barbeque Shrimp recipe (and easy). In fact, this delicious, simple shrimp recipe gave her quite the southern cooking reputation.
She said, “All of my friends have been begging me to make them southern recipes and I always show off with my mom’s healthy barbecue shrimp recipe. I love to cook and turn to my mom’s healthy easy recipes.
I hope you enjoy my southern favorite New Orleans Style Barbeque Shrimp recipe.
Healthy Barbeque Shrimp Recipe
Recipe by: Holly Clegg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian or creamy onion dressing
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp oregano leaves dried
- 2 tsp thyme leaves dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lb large shrimp not peeled
- 1/3 cup light beer, clam juice or broth
- 1/2 cup clam juice or fat-free chicken broth
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine oil, Italian dressing, garlic, onion powder, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper over medium heat until the sauce begins to boil.
- Add shrimp, cook 5 minutes. Add beer and broth, cook another 5–7 minutes or until shrimp are done.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 207; Carbohydrates 6 grams; Fat 10 grams; Protein 22 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg is a culinary expert on easy, healthy and practical recipes. She has a new book "Guy’s Guide to Eating Well: A Man’s Cookbook for Health and Wellness" and has appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, and Huff Post. She has also consulted for Walmart, Teflon, The Coca-Cola Company, and hospitals throughout the U.S.
See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|