Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup Recipe, 103 calories & 14g protein!December 7, 2018
For an alternative to the traditional, classic chicken noodle soup, this Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup is made in an Instant Pot with spiralized zucchini instead of traditional noodles! Healthy, easy, and so delicious...
Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup Recipe
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 35 minutes; Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb. raw boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 oz. zucchini (about 2 small)
- Optional seasonings: additional salt and black pepper
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add all remaining ingredients except zucchini.
- Top with lid and seal. Press Manual, and set for 8 minutes. (The Instant Pot will preheat for 20 - 25 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, using a spiral vegetable slicer, cut zucchini into spaghetti-like noodles. (If you don’t have a spiral veggie slicer, peel zucchini into super-thin strips, rotating the zucchini after each strip.) Roughly chop for shorter noodles.
- Press Keep Warm/Cancel. Caution: During the next step, keep hands and face away from opening; the fast-escaping steam will be hot!
- Vent to release steam.
- Remove and discard bay leaves. Transfer chicken to a large bowl. Shred with two forks.
- Add zucchini noodles and shredded chicken to the Instant Pot. Re-cover and let sit for 8 minutes, or until noodles have slightly softened.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 103; Carbohydrates 6 grams; Fat 2 grams; Protein 14.5 grams
Check out more recipes from Hungry Girl on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|