Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Burger PattiesJuly 31, 2019
If you love burgers, this recipe is for you! You don't have to serve up the same old boring burger patties with options like these Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Burger Patties! If you love the combination of hot peppers and creamy cheese, you need these decadent stuffed burgers in your life!
Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Burger Patties
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup light/reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup jarred jalapeño peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. + 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. + 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1 lb. raw extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (about 2 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion until softened and browned about 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add cream cheese, chopped jalapeño peppers, 1/8 tsp. garlic powder, and 1/8 tsp. onion powder. Mix until uniform.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix all remaining ingredients, including remaining 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, and remaining 1/2 tsp. onion powder. Divide into four portions.
- Divide one portion in half, and flatten each half into a thin patty. Place 1/4th of cream cheese mixture (about 3 tbsp.) in the center of one patty. Top with the other patty, and squeeze edges to seal, forming one stuffed patty. Repeat to make 3 more stuffed patties.
- Bring a grill sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Grill patties for 4 minutes with the grill cover down.
- Flip patties. With the grill cover down, grill for 4 more minutes, or until cooked to your preference.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 227; Carbohydrates 9.5 grams; Fat 8 grams; Protein 27.5 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday. Lisa is the author of 10 best-selling books, 6 of which debuted at #1 on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Her television show, Hungry Girl, airs on both Food Network and Cooking Channel.
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|