Low-Carb Chicken Salsa Pizzas Recipe, 5 IngredientsJanuary 23, 2019
This Low-Carb Chicken Salsa Pizzas Recipe is easy, delicious, and has just 5 ingredients.
Low-Carb Chicken Salsa Pizzas Recipe
Recipe by: Annessa Chumbley, RD
Makes 2 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- zest of 1/2 small lime
- 1/3 cup avocado verde salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Other optional toppings: chopped cilantro, green onions, sliced cucumber, Cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chicken breast between two pieces into a zip-top bag. Using a mallet or cast-iron skillet, pound chicken until it is 1/4 inch thick all the way around. This will serve as your pizza “crust.”
- Sprinkle both sides of each chicken breast with kosher salt, cumin, and lime zest. Place the chicken breast on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Cook for 15 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken and top each with 3 tablespoons salsa and shredded cheese. Place back into the oven until the cheese is melted and gooey. Serve!
Note: Chicken Salsa Pizzas are amazing on the grill, too! Just oil the grill grates and cook Chicken Pizzas on medium-high until cook through, flipping only once. Add salsa and cheese, then close grill until cheese is melted. Delicious!
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories: 292, Fat: 12g, Carbs: 5g, Protein: 41g
ABOUT THE AUTHORAnnessa Chumbley, RD, is a bariatric dietitian and her website "Annessa Nutritionist" provides inspiring nutrition information to the bariatric community and general public. She enjoys getting the community healthy through nutrition segments on Indianapolis' FOX 59 Morning News, and 93.1 WIBC called "Power Up Your Week!", as well as a local healthy cooking show.
Find more recipes from Annessa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|