Mini Cauliflower-Crust Pepperoni Pizzas, Under 100 Calories Each!May 30, 2018
Without a doubt, pizza is a favorite food among the masses. With that said, it might not be shocking to you that there are approximately 3 billion pizzas sold in the U.S. each year! An average slice of pizza often has over 30grams of carbs per slice, for those of us that are watching our calories after bariatric surgery, a single slice of pepperoni pizza can be a massive hit to our caloric intake for the day.
The good news is that there are healthy and nutritious alternatives out there that can provide the delicious pizza flavors you love but with a fraction of the calories. Go ahead and put pizza night back on the meal plan with this low-carb alternative to traditional pizza, you're going to love these mini cauliflower-crust pepperoni pizzas!
Mini Cauliflower-Crust Pepperoni Pizzas Recipe
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes; Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 5 cups roughly chopped cauliflower (about 1 medium head)
- 1/4 cup (about 2 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 oz. (about 8 pieces) turkey pepperoni, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until reduced to the consistency of coarse breadcrumbs, working in batches as needed.
- Transfer to a large microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Uncover and stir. Re-cover and microwave for another 3 1/2 minutes, or until hot and soft.
- Transfer to a fine-mesh strainer to drain. Let cool for 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Using a clean dish towel (or paper towels), press out as much moisture as possible -- there will be a lot of excess liquid.
- Return cauliflower to the bowl, and add remaining crust ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Evenly distribute crust mixture into six circles on the baking sheet, each about 1/4-inch thick and 3 1/2 inches in diameter. Bake until the tops have browned, about 28 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, add all topping ingredients except mozzarella and pepperoni. Mix well.
- Spread seasoned tomatoes on the crusts, leaving 1/2-inch borders. Sprinkle with mozzarella and chopped pepperoni.
- Bake until cheese has melted and crusts are crispy, about 5 minutes.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 93; Carbohydrates 6.5 grams; Fat 4 grams; Protein 8.5 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|