P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe Makeover – a Lower Carb Option!March 5, 2021
These healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a makeover recipe and taste just like P.F. Chang's version that we all know and love but are healthy and can be made at home! Ready in just 15 minutes for an easy dinner and perfect for meal prep.
For these wraps, I used butter lettuce, but other types of lettuce also work well, including iceberg, green and red leaf, and Boston lettuce. Crispy lettuce always wins in my house because I like the added texture and crunch.
Yes, these have a similar flavor profile to the P.F. Chang's chicken lettuce wraps but are better for you. After lots of recipe testing, the sauce and flavors are definitely close to their version we all love. Not surprisingly, I also squeezed in some extra veggies as well to pack in some extra nutrition.
P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps Makeover
Recipe by: Kristen McCaffrey of Slender Kitchen
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes 5 Servings
- 1.67 lbs. 95% lean ground chicken
- 3 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, minced
- 1 tbsp. water
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce (you can use gluten-free if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- Add the sesame oil, green onions, garlic, and ginger to the pan. Cook for 1 minute.
- Then add the red pepper, water chestnuts, and mushrooms. Cook for 4-6 minutes until tender, adding 1-2 tbsp. water if needed.
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Stir in the soy sauce, Hoisin, and hot sauce if using. Stir and let cook 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and serve in lettuce wraps.
P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps Makeover Nutritional Info
Calories 269; Carbohydrates 8 grams; Fat 11 grams; Protein 33 grams
Check out more recipes from Slender Kitchen on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORKristen McCaffrey makes a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that she shares on her website, SlenderKitchen.com. Before diving into the world of healthy cooking, she struggled to lose weight, eat well, and find a healthy balance in her life. She has always been in love with food and enjoys healthy recipe development. Kristen is passionate about cooking and creating delicious recipes that encourage other people to eat healthy. See more recipes from Kristen!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|