Roasted Salmon and Broccoli Salad Recipe, Low-Carb!July 5, 2019
I was excited when my Roasted Salmon and Broccoli Salad was selected as one of the best low carb recipes for salmon. Roasting and one-step cooking boost the flavor of the salmon and broccoli combined with everyday ingredients for an amazing simple salad. If you have leftover salmon, you can turn into this main dish salad.
Roasted Salmon and Broccoli Salad
Recipe by: Holly Clegg
Serves: 5 (1 cup) servings
- 1 salmon fillet 16-ounce
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 4 cups torn assorted salad greens (trimmed washed, and dried)
- Vinaigrette recipe below
- Preheat oven 400°F. Cover baking sheet with foil.
- Place salmon on one side of pan and broccoli on the other side. Toss broccoli with olive oil and season to taste.
- Roast 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of salmon (about 10 minutes per inch). Cool and flake into bite-size pieces with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine flaked salmon, roasted broccoli, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, and basil. Toss with Vinaigrette (see recipe below) and serve over mixed greens.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard. Set aside.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 224; Carbohydrates 14 grams; Fat 9 grams; Protein 23 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg is a culinary expert on easy, healthy and practical recipes. She has a new book "Guy’s Guide to Eating Well: A Man’s Cookbook for Health and Wellness" and has appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, and Huff Post. She has also consulted for Walmart, Teflon, The Coca-Cola Company, and hospitals throughout the U.S.
See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|