Stroganoff Stuffed Portobellos RecipeMarch 13, 2019
Only 11 grams of carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, and 25 grams protein each for these delicious Stroganoff Stuffed Portobellos! That’s a win in my book. And everyone at my cooking class loved them too. People usually either love or hate mushrooms.
If you’re a hater of mushrooms, no problem because you can use this same technique with bell pepper. All you'd need to do is to cut the bell pepper in half remove the seeds. Another alternative is to use zucchini. Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and the middle scooped out would work beautifully too!
Stroganoff Stuffed Portobellos Recipe
Recipe by: Annessa Chumbley, RD
Serves: 4, serving size: 1 portobello mushroom, plus 1/2 cup of filling
Prep time: 10 minutes; Total time: 30 minutes
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups grass fed ground beef, fully cooked & seasoned
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
for the top
- Fresh parsley and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375º. Spray mushroom with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with a little kosher salt, then place on rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes. If the baking sheet has a lot of juice from the mushrooms, dab it up with a paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bell pepper, ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, yogurt, and salt. Fold until everything is evenly mixed.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of mixture to each mushroom. Top each with 2 tablespoons of mozzarella. Cover with loosely with aluminum foil and return to oven for 10 minutes (by the way, to keep the foil from sticking to the cheese, give the underside of the foil a light spritz of cooking spray!) Remove the foil and bake additional 10 minutes. Serve immediately!
– The hamburger mixture would also be great as a topping on spaghetti squash, or as a filling for zucchini or bell peppers. Not everyone "loves" Portobellos!
– Don’t forget, spray the aluminum foil with nonstick spray to avoid any risk of the cheese sticking to the foil. We want it on the stuffing and not stuck to the foil.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 305; Carbohydrates 11.2 grams; Fat 18.2 grams, Protein 24.8 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORAnnessa Chumbley, RD, is a bariatric dietitian and her website "Annessa Nutritionist" provides inspiring nutrition information to the bariatric community and general public. She enjoys getting the community healthy through nutrition segments on Indianapolis' FOX 59 Morning News, and 93.1 WIBC called "Power Up Your Week!", as well as a local healthy cooking show.
Find more recipes from Annessa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|