Veggie Noodle-Free Lasagna RecipeMarch 20, 2020
If you love Italian cuisine, especially lasagna, you're going to love this Veggie Noodle-Free Lasagna recipe. This lasagna features a delicious array of vegetables including Zucchini, Portabella Mushroom, and Eggplant! This recipe is also meat-free, the ground beef is substituted out with soy crumbles.
Veggie Noodle-Free Lasagna Recipe
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes; Cook Time: 1 hour; Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 3 medium zucchini, ends removed, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced into strips
- 1 large eggplant, ends removed, sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- One 16-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray an 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Lay paper towels next to the stove to drain veggies during the next step.
- Bring a grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat.
- Working in batches as needed, lay zucchini, mushroom, and eggplant slices in the pan and cook until softened, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer cooked veggies to the paper towels.
- In a large bowl, mix crushed tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning.
- In another large bowl, mix spinach, ricotta cheese, egg substitute, basil, salt, and nutmeg.
- Evenly layer ingredients in the baking pan: half of the seasoned tomatoes, half of the sliced veggies, half of the spinach mixture, and all of the soy crumbles.
- Evenly layer remaining veggies, in the opposite direction of the first layer, followed by remaining spinach mixture and remaining seasoned tomatoes. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until cheese has lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 265; Carbohydrates 32.5 grams; Fat 4.5 grams; Protein 24 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|