Recent Posts

Roberta B.
on 7/28/03 7:29 am - Sparks, NV
Topic: 5 Months Today!
Hello Everyone, and Happy Anniversary! As of this morning I have lost a total of 108 pounds. I have 55 more to go to reach my goal weight. Things are going good, but did have a very little bump in the road in June. I had to have my gallbladder taken out, but was told before surgery that it's not uncommon for this to happen. Other than that I'm doing great. I hope this finds that you all are doing good and wish everyone good luck. Roberta lap rny 2/28/03 343/235/180
Peggy G.
on 7/28/03 12:14 am - Pell City, Al
Topic: doing great
Hi all just doing great down from 325 to 224 good luck to all.
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/03 2:09 am - Lindale, TX
Topic: RE: 5 month date approaches 5/17/03
Isn't God wonderful? So many things that the rest of the world take for granted bring so much joy to us. I hope I remember the great feelings for all the little things I can do now.
Catherine P.
on 7/25/03 12:09 am - Baltimore, MD
Topic: RE: February 21, 2003
Hi I had my open Rny on Feb.24th. I have lost 74 lbs with no complications so far. I think it's great to have others to talk to that had the surgery in the same month.
THERESA A.
on 7/23/03 5:09 am - WEST HAVEN, CT
Topic: Hi Everyone
My surgery date was 2/4/03. I was at a high of 387 and as of 7/22 I was 295. I had the by-pass operation and have never felt better. I see that everyone is losing and that is fantastic. Keep up the great work. I just went to a dietician and that is helping me. I really didn't know what and how much to eat except to get my protein in. Going to a dietician might help some of you. I would love to hear from everyone. Don't hesitate to write. T.
kikae1
on 7/21/03 12:04 pm - Abingdon, MD
Topic: RE: horrible
I understand what you are saying, during the first few weeks I wondered if I did thewrong thing also, but when the pain and all stopped, I realized it was the best thing I had ever done in my life just for me. The pain and swelling will get better and you will realize too that this is wonderful, you will begin to live instead of just existing and wondering if you will die because of the weight on your heart/body. I know it sounds farfetched but it will get better.
Debbie W.
on 7/17/03 8:45 am - AZ
Topic: RE: Why didnt I do this yrs ago
Hi Ellie, We are having about the same progress. I had my lap rny on 2-24-03 so my 5 mo. anniversary is in one week. I just hit 90 lb. loss mark today. I sure know what you mean about wishing we'd done this earlier! This is the first time that I have hope that I'd be able to drop the weight I need to and will be able to keep it up. Isn't it just amazing how much better ya feel? Keep up the great work and I'll do the same!
Ellie B.
on 7/17/03 8:09 am - Moira, NY
Topic: Why didnt I do this yrs ago
I had my open rny on Feb 21, 2003. My 5 mo. anniv. is next monday. As of last Monday, 7/14, I have lost 96 lbs. I'm hoping to lose another 4 lbs before I go for my checkup on the 24th. I feel so much better. I started at 314 lbs. My 3 yr old isnt sure she likes it. I can catch her now. BUT she does like that I can play more with her.
Rebekah P.
on 7/15/03 6:18 am - Lynchburg, VA
Topic: 5 month date approaches 5/17/03
I just found this new option on this web site,. I am so excited and feeling so much better than I did 5 months ago. I have lost 86 lbs. but none of it in the last 2 wks. I started at 250 and am at 165, but my overal goal is 140.00 Its so hard to believe the diffrence in my life this surgery has made. My 5 year old son came up to me a couple of weeks ago and put his arms around my waist to hug me, Then he stopped and looked and said to me with big wide shocked eyes. Look mommy, my arms fit all the way around you and touch at the other side. Life is wonderful
a C.
on 7/13/03 7:33 am - galesburg, il
Topic: horrible
my stomach is swollen and i am in serious pain i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy ugh i am seriously wondering is this worth it had it 7-7-03
Most Active