Recent Posts

giffordcl
on 7/11/03 10:43 pm - Lake Stevens, WA
Topic: Feeling Wonderful!
Hi everyone my surgery was 2/12/03 and today is my 5 month mark, I started at 285, today I'm at 200, that is -85 pounds! I had wanted to hit the century mark at my 6 months. We will see, 15 in one month now seems like a lot since it seems my losing has slowed way down. It is nice to see how everyone else is doing! I realized I'm over the halfway mark, that is so exciting. I have lost all co-morbidities, sleep apnea, type ii diabetes, urinary incontinenence, aching and hurting legs, etc. My kids are enjoying the new active me but they keep saying mom, your not mom, not as cuddly, I keep reminding them, same mom just healthier! They have never known a mom this thin and I'm not even at goal, I think in a way it scares them a little. My daughter the other day couldn't find me at the gym, she didn't recognize me. How scary is that? But they are laughing about that now. This change is huge for me but really is for the rest of my family. I sometimes don't think we realize the impact it has on so many other people. Have a great day!
giffordcl
on 7/11/03 10:40 pm - Lake Stevens, WA
Topic: RE: Feb. date
Hi everyone my surgery was 2/12/03 and today is my 5 month mark, I started at 285, today I'm at 200, that is -85 pounds! I had wanted to hit the century mark at my 6 month. We will see, 15 in one month now seems like a lot since it seems my losing has slowed way down. It is nice to see how everyone else is doing!
giffordcl
on 7/11/03 10:36 pm - Lake Stevens, WA
Topic: RE: Feeling great!!!
Congrats on the great weight loss. Today is my 5 month mark and I'm so excited because not only did I lose 85 pounds but hit the 200 mark. Isn't this just the best thing that has ever happened to you? It is nice to see someone around the same time having the same great results! Please post your before and after pictures! Cindy
TravelGrandma
on 7/10/03 2:54 am - Havertown, PA
Topic: Feeling great!!!
I am now 5 months post-op and have lost 70 lbs. I feel great physically and have been exercising at Curves almost everyday which helps! My blood work is excellent. I've stopped a blood pressure medicine and my blood pressure is 100/70!! My cholestrol is now 157 which is terrific! Dr. Schuricht is quite pleased with me and knows I am going to keep going and lose about 30 lbs. more. I've been trying hard to use my new pouch correctly especially the first 6 months since this is the time that it is the easiest to lose supposedly.
sweetiewee
on 7/7/03 11:20 pm - Hillsdale, MI
Topic: RE: 20 weeks
Darlene, We're surgery twins! I had my open rouen-y on Feb 21st of this year also! I'm a bit envious of your loss though! I have lost 70lbs(I started at 316 and am now at 246, I'm only 5ft 1 and a half inches tall) and am thrilled to have lost that much, but am nurvous about how fast that sixth month cut off for the 'honeymoon' phase is approaching. I'm worried that the loss will slow even more. Do you ever have feelings like these. I know we aren't supposed to compare ourselves, but I think it's human nature to do so. I find I get discouraged when I hear how much more others have lost at this point (like you, lol). Don't get me wrong, I'm happier than all get out for that person, just wi**** were me. As far as I can see, I've done everything to a tee, I just have a very stubbourn system. The surgeon said I could have 30grams of carbs PER MEAL, I've scaled back to about 30 PER DAY. Only then did I see a real jump in the wt loss. Sigh, anyhoo, I hope you continue to do well and that you get your plastic surgery as well. Continue to post and keep us filled in on your progress. All my best, Stacie Lynne
vaiden
on 7/7/03 10:21 pm - Water Valley, Ms
Topic: RE: Feb 12,2003
Hello, I was 5'O and weighed 198 lbs when I first started. I have always felt kinda out of the group because I did not need to lose 100lbs or more. I am down 63 lbs in 5 months feel great and finally enjoying life. I don't feel ashamed to take my teenage sons out any longer. I enjoying dressing up - I too loose slower - but that is ok - If I didn't loose another pound - I would still be satisfied. I am a nurse in a small hospital - all of my fellow employees talk about the energy that I have now - My marriage is much better! I am no longer the jealous one - he is and it feels nice for him to make a fuss over me! I have a son that lives in Hawaii and I can't wait for him to see me - I refuse to send pictures - he is in the military and had a lot of mixed feelings about the surgery - he felt I should have had the discipline to loose the weight on my own. I stick to the guide lines of the surgery - I just needed alittle help to condition my mind - I am not very fond of throwing - up. E-mail me. I would enjoy chatting with you! [email protected]
Cupcake B.
on 7/7/03 10:51 am - Temple Hills, MD
Topic: RE: Feeling absolutely wonderful!
You go girl! I saw your before and after pictures and your stomach is pretty flat. I'm envious, what's your secret?
Mona S.
on 7/7/03 4:14 am - Somewhere Nearby, CO
Topic: Feeling absolutely wonderful!
I haven't had this much energy in years!!!! I am so excited to be wearing 14's and 16's depending on the style. I can move around. My children are all grown, and they grew up with a fat mother... but, this weekend their mother played volley ball and kick ball with them!!!! I'm alive again. Good wishes to all who are pre-ops!!!! Thanks!
Trouble54
on 7/6/03 1:11 am - Barboursville, WV
Topic: RE: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
I received my copy of ObesityHelp Magazine on 6/20. I read it from cover to cover and was more than impressed. I even shared it with several women I work with who have also had the gastric bypass surgery. Thanks for putting effort and thought into the production of such a high quality magazine. There is only one thing wrong with your magazine - I have to wait to get my next issue.
Lisa H.
on 7/5/03 4:46 am - Huntsville, AL
Topic: RE: Feb. date
Hello fellow febuary WLSers. Had my surgery with Dr. Facundus on Feb. 17th in Huntsville, AL. As of today I have lost 71 pounds and finally under that "200" pound mark. That was a huge goal for me. Next goal will be in the century club. What a great idea to donate 100lbs of dog food to a dog shelter!! I love it! Take care everyone! Lisa
Most Active