Recent Posts

weise
on 7/2/03 11:42 pm - Twentynine Palms, CA
Topic: RE: Feb 12,2003
I had my surgery Feb. 10, 2003. I started at 259 pounds at 5'1. I am now at 170 pounds. I also feel I am a slow loser, but I am so happy with the results. I was wearing a size 26 and I'm now into a 12/14. I haven't been that small since my wedding day. I'm trying to keep myself very busy. I have two small boys so they keep me active. I can now go to the swimming pool and feel comfortable. And I can play outside with them all day and not have to sit down because I'm out of breath. I love this new life I have been given. Take care. Janine
aneee
on 7/1/03 5:52 am - orangevale, ca
Topic: RE: 2/5/03
Carbs will not keep you from loosing. Enjoy one once in a while and keep them in moderation. I have figured out how to have a sandwich without carbs and it is awsome. I wrap my meat, cheese and condiments (mustard, katsup, etc.) with Iceberg lettuce and it is awsome. I dont miss the bread at all. I give myself a carb treat once a day. Granted, I am loosing more slowly but am still loosing. My carb serving is someting like, 1/2 potato, one slice of bread, one biscotti cookie, etc. Just one serving per day and that is my treat for the day. I even will occasionly drink a small soda for my treat. You cant totally eliminate everything you love or you will end up failing in your weight loss. Just remember moderation. Prayers to you. Darlene Swager
aneee
on 7/1/03 5:45 am - orangevale, ca
Topic: 20 weeks
My surgery was on 2/21/03 20 weeks down 88 lbs. I am now at 260. My goal is 175, my high school weight. I am 5'10" and 175 should put me in a size 12. I am starting to see sagging skin. Kaiser, my HMO will do a tt at 2 years out. I cant wait. I have 3 hernieated disks and the extra weight is really painful. Although the loss of 88 lbs has helped tremendously. I congratulate all of you for your efforts. I know we all have put in all of our hearts and soul into this for a better life for ourselfs and our family. I would love to hear from any and all of you and wish you all God speed and a healthy you!!! God Bless you all from sunny CA. Darlene Swager
alkoerner
on 6/27/03 2:07 am - bakersfield, ca
Topic: RE: Feb. date
Hi!! I had my open rny on Feb 12th. I am 27 years old and 5'4" tall. My starting weight was 264 and now I am 184. 80 lbs gone forever!!!! I was wearing a 26/28 before, now I am wearing 16's. I feel great. Good luck to everyone on this wonderful journey! Allison Koerner
alkoerner
on 6/27/03 1:54 am - bakersfield, ca
Topic: RE: Feb 12,2003
Hi Gigi! I also had my surgery on Feb 12th. I am 5'4". my starting weight was 264 and now i'm 184. I feel so good. It is so hard to believe I lost 80lbs in 4 months. I've been stuck at 184 now for two weeks. I'm hoping when I weigh next week it won't say 184. I was wearing size 26/28 before surgery, now I am wearing size 16. Any weight loss is great. Try not to compare yourself to other people because everyone is different. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey. Allison Koerner
Heidi H.
on 6/26/03 4:30 pm - Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Topic: RE: Feb. date
Hi, my name is Heidi. I had surgery on Feb. 6. I'm 5'1" and weighed 291 pounds before surgery and as of today I hit 200!!! I've lost 91 pounds. My highest weight ever was when I was pregnant with my son 2 years ago at 314.
Debi F.
on 6/26/03 10:53 am - Cincinnati, Oh
Topic: 2/5/03
Just thought I'd chime in too. I had surgery 2/5/03 at the UC Surgeons in Cincinnati. I have lost almost 70 lbs and I'm thrilled. I still get a bit down when the scale won't go down. I need some advice on staying away from carb's, have any?
Janine B.
on 6/25/03 12:57 am - Windsor, Me
Topic: Feb Date
Hello Everyone that had surgery in Feb. I had my surgery on Feb. 25, 2003. I have made a promise to myself tha I would only weigh myself on a monthly basis so I wouldn't just concentrate on the amount of weigh, but how I am feeling since I am working out like crazy. Up to this point I have lost 61lbs and today being the 25th I will weigh myself on the way home to check this months weight loss. I feel awesome, there are still a few food that I can't eat but I would glad give up 10 times that to feel the way I do now.
John T.
on 6/24/03 3:08 pm - Van Nuys, CA
Topic: February 20th Open RNY
Wow! Is all I have to say about this surgury. I have a ton of energy... kicked my CPAP... Feeling and looking better than I have in years. To date I'm 106 pounds lighter and finally out of the 300's. Take Care, Be Well, Be Happy!
Leslie E.
on 6/24/03 11:15 am - Naples, Fl
Topic: 2/14/03 open DS and gallbladder removed
Hi You'all !! I had open DS surgery on 2/14/03 and had my gallbladder removed. I have lost 94 lbs so far, as of 6/23/03. My surgeon is Dr Barry Haicken and I was at Morton Plant Hospital in Clearwater, Fl. I would do this again in a heartbeat....I am alittle disappointed at not losing more than I have, but in part its due to my eating more than I should. I eat the right stuff, just too large portions. I would love to chat with any other wls folks for this date. Good luck to all. Leslie
Most Active