Recent Posts

Barbara T.
on 6/21/13 12:01 am - Levittown, PA
Topic: RE: Anyone still around?

Hey Robin...my surgery was on February 8, 2005.   I had lost 120 pounds and have since gained back 40.  Saw my surgeon yesterday and lost another 5:)  It isn't easy for sure.  However, I do know everything I'm doing wrong and don't try to fool myself or anyone else about that.  I still need to lose another 100 pounds so it's time to get serious again!!!  So, I'll be attending monthly support groups, writing down everything I eat, exercise and stay away from the crap foods.  I don't enjoy them anyway.  Plus, they play havoc on my stomach...I always have dumping!!!  I can't go out to eat too far away from home, because of that!  So, that's just stupidity on my part.  I'm ready to go back to basics.  Glad to have you to talk with!!

Barbara

Jackie M.
on 4/11/13 2:28 am - Statesboro, GA
Topic: RE: Anyone still around?

I can't believe it's been 8 years!!! I lost 150lbs total, and gained back some weight after 4 kids, two singles, and a set of twins. I am 10lbs away from being back at my original weight loss of 175. I am so interested in having plastic surgery now! I just feel so, ugh. Especially with my arms!! Do you have any problem areas now after kids and surgery?

Robin D.
on 3/23/13 11:48 pm - Nor Cal, CA
Topic: Anyone still around?

At 8 years post op, I was curious to see who was still around and how everyone was doing.

You can see my stats below. I regained about 80lbs after two babies (whi*****luded 3 months of fenugreek, and 6 months of bedrest) and I am losing the regain now. I've lost 40lbs so far, and I hope to lose the last 40 and maybe 20 more to finally get to goal. I hope those of you still around are doing better, but if not, maybe we can support each other and cheer each other on.

I hope someone is still around. It would be nice to talk to someone else who is this far out.

Feb 05 - 315 lbs surgery-- Feb 06 - 187 lbs--May 08 - 200 at son's birth --Aug 08- 235 (due 2 Fenugreek--given to increase breast milk & gained 35 lbs from it.) --  Oct 10 - 280 daughter born (due to bed rest, hospital visits,& gestational diabetes) -Feb 12 - 280 tackling regain--Mar 13 restart- 240 (using rules of the pouch & exercising 2-3xday

connie n
on 3/2/12 7:18 am
Topic: RE: How's everyone doing?
 Out 6 years and need to get back to losing the rest.  I have lost about 130 pounds but regained 30...I love carbs and that is a problem.  Recently started at the gym- mostly water aerobics.  I will restudy best ways to eat and lose....Any helpful hints are welcomed!   
Deb K
on 1/1/12 6:44 am
Topic: RE: New Pictures on profile
 Gina, those are wonderful pictures and I can tell you had a great time too. Take care and God bless.
(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 8:46 am
Topic: RE: New Pictures on profile
 U are GORGEOUS      and an inspiration to us all !!  
Deb K
on 2/19/11 7:39 pm
Topic: RE: What does 5 yrs out look like for you?
 Hi, it is so great to see and hear from you.You look Awesome, and congrads on keeping the weight off, they tell me it could be worst. I have gained about 7lbs. But I am happy where I am at. Exercise is something I do, not as much but I try to maintain. I had never been to this part before...so it has been a struggle. I would never go back to what was, and I am feeling great. I do check in at the light weight boards and try to stay connected it really helps. Take care and enjoy this year and rock on with your new lifestyle! God bless and thank you again - I do miss those on the board. Debbie
cajungirl
on 2/19/11 9:40 am
Topic: RE: What does 5 yrs out look like for you?
Hi Deb!  I was just posting on a few other boards I frequent about my anniversary on Monday.  I'm truly grateful for WLS!

I did gain a little but recently I've regrouped and was able to lose a few lbs.  Here is my before and recent.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Deb K
on 10/12/10 11:39 am
Topic: What does 5 yrs out look like for you?
 Well for me it is 5 lbs heavier. I am not so hard on myself about exercise.  I have slowed down with the exercise,not doing an hr everyday.
Eating is interesting, still doing 2 - 3 protien shakes a day, plus veggies and fruit. Sometimes, I eat pizza or bread. 
As my nut and I was discussing - it isn't as exciting as when I was loosing weight and looking so very much different. Support for me is so very important or I could not continue to do what I do.  I have found that I have to support myself more than depend on others. If that means searching for answers to my questions, reading about emotional stuff, or just write a short blog. 

Over all Life is Grand! I would "Never" want to go back to being what I was 5 yrs ago. Be blessed and good luck with all the hard work to maintain where you are right now. 
Bpdurf
on 5/27/10 12:52 pm - Concord, CA
Topic: RE: Reactive Hypoglycemia

My WLS was 12/07 and lost 189 lbs. Then started having seizures and was hospitalized for a week, was dx with reactive hypoglycemia. I feel I've traded one problem for another.  I'm off the seizure meds for now but it does'nt matter what I eat I have low blood sugar . Would just like a menu I could follow without trying to figure one out. Where can I go for that? Bpdurf

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still around?
Robin D. · 2 replies · 706 views
checking in
markys mama · 2 replies · 803 views