Feeling hungry lately....

Razzmuffin
on 7/8/10 11:13 pm - Collinsville, IL
I know I don't chime in alot lately but the past few days I have noticed that I have been hungry alot.  Maybe its because of boredom, maybe the rain, but instead of my normal shake for breakfast, and 2 small meals of mostly protein I have been eating more frequently. That and it is quite apparent that I can now eat 3/4 of a cup of food at this point. Just that small increase in intake scares me.  I am not ready to eat more lol, I have not experienced dumping (gratefully) and I don't intend to experiment with foods that put me at risk. However, overeating was my big problem and being able to eat more just scares me.  While I am making good choices still (for the most part, had about 10 cheez-its with buffalo blue cheese dip the other day). I find myself craving the stuff that caused me to get to this point in the first place. 
So today I am stepping back, to a full liquid diet, with high protein and try to refocus myself on being real with myself.  I haven't gained and I made it through my 10 day stall, I just want to take a look at what I am doing and keep moving forward before I start moving backward.  Also need to remember that just because I like something does not mean I have to eat it :)
Some good things I have found....I am happy with eating small amounts of the foods that I like, I don't feel like I am being cheated or that I am missing out (except for the alcohol once in awhile), I am starting to like looking in the mirror :), oh and I have great ankles....never had them before if you know what I mean, exercise is still work and don't really care to stop what I am doing to do it but I am trying, McDonald's no longer exists to me, but taco bell fresco crunchy taco is glorious, and I no longer feel the need to eat through depression because I have not been sad one single day since I had my surgery, life just keeps getting better.
Foods that cause me problems?  Bread, soft tortillas, pork (haven't had steak yet), and anything I don't chew well enough or if I eat too fast.  And I can't seem to tolerate plain water anymore (puzzling).
Well I know this was all very random, but it helps to write it down sometimes and put it out for others to see and make me accountable. 
Hope everyone is doing well, and enjoying their summer.  Coming up on my 3 months here in about 10 days and will be taking a picture of the difference then, I like it, but I have not compared the before pic and current reality yet, hopefully the changes will look as much as I feel they are.  My head never needed to catch up, because I never saw myself as fat as I looked in pictures anyway, I was always shocked to see just how unhappy I looked lol, odd isn't it?  

Razz :)

Aberdare
on 7/11/10 9:22 am - Bellevue, WA
Great job with your wt loss.  I no longer enjoy water and used to drink gallons each day. Now I have to force it. Crystal light helps.  Like you I went back to a  more liquid diet with shakes and soup and my wt loss really increased. I am coming up on 3 months also and the first 2 months were really slow.  Hopefully things will contine at this rate for a while.

heygiz00
on 7/25/10 2:56 pm
I absolutely can relate to you on alot of the points you made. I also am scared of eating too much. I allow myself a 1/2 servng of carbs a day, usually goldfish crackers and I dont feel guilty. I also have problems with plain water, I drink alot of crystal light peach tea. I dont think I am eating too much, but I really dont know until I talk to the surgeon on the 30th. Best of everything to you..keep up the good work!

Live Laugh & Love...Life is too short to settle for less...    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 874 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1205 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 982 views