Recent Posts

Cassandra Blake
on 4/11/14 10:19 pm - Kitty Hawk, NC
Topic: over 10 years out, labs still great, had some regain.

hey all, justvwanted to update.  my labs are good, i weigh 184.5 and that gain is me eating too much and not burning it off with exercise.  .  time to get back to working out THAT is the key for me.  plus after quitting smoking and hysterectomy leaving me post mentalpausal, its more important now more than ever.

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."  -Henry Ford
Cassan
dra on the sandbar

happygirl01
on 5/25/10 2:20 am
Topic: RE: gaineddddddddddd! :'(
If you do nothing else..listen to me..I had my surgery in 2004 and to date I have gained 60 lbs..after 10 isaid to myself stop it..20,30,40,stop it..you get themessage..I am disabled and cant move very well but still I ate too much and took the surgery for granted ...it is NOT a miracle..it is a tool..like they tell us in the meetings..please try to stop now before you are fat and depressed like me..God Bless you..

Unhappy
happygirl01
on 5/25/10 1:36 am
Topic: RE: IN DESPERATE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so sorry the dr was so rude..there is no excuse for it..they get paid enough to treat you right..and they should anyway..I can not and will not tolerate a rude dr..I see dr Tompkins..he is sweet now keep in mind I havent seen him for a few years..so I hope he is still nice..I plan to see him soon..take care and God bless you sweetie..
happygirl01
on 5/25/10 1:32 am
Topic: so sad
Hi how is everyone doing..just wondering has anyone out there gained weight back after bypass surgery...I have 60 lbs..2004 was surgery date..and I am disabled..can hardly move now..I realize how much the weight loss actually helped..I went from  240 to 140...I am 5'7 so 140 I looked too skinny but only wanted to gain about 20 lbs..well I can barely move am in pain constantly..and yes I took the bypass surgery for granted and though if I had ti I would never gain weight...well let me tell ya..I did gain..I am thinking about the rose procedure..if for nothing else so my hips and back and knees wont hurt so much..anyone had this new procedure done..I hear it dont work..but everyone has a different story..please respond ..I need help bad..thank you ..God bless each of you..
rlwilburn63
on 3/17/10 2:15 am - Buda, TX
Topic: RE: 7 years out
Hi,
Congrats on your weight loss as well. Unfortunately the insurance companies do not pay for elective surgeries. They did however pay for the lab work I needed prior to surgery but that's all. The brachialplasty for my arms was almost $8,000 but so worth it. Next month I'm having a tummy tuck done and lip and it's over 10,000. I am not sure about the breast work. It will have to come later if I do a lift. I am still very large but they do sag. A lift would be nice but more than anything I want this extra person I'm carrying around my waist to go away (the extra skin).

Take care and keep in touch,

Robin
cindee1115
on 3/17/10 1:39 am - Bronx, NY
Lap Band on 06/12/03 with
Topic: RE: 7 years out
Hello Robin!  Congrats on all of your accomplishments!  I too will be 7 years out in June of this year.  I've lost about 86 pounds and I feel great....however...I hate the loose skin.  I've lost my breast -- they hang, my stomach hangs, in addition to my inner thighs and my upper arms.  I go to the gym, but I'm still a hanging mess.  Does your insurance cover your plastic sugeries?
nanasheart
on 3/9/10 6:04 pm
Topic: RE: 3-Year WLS Anniversary - Musings
 Hi Nannette...I found you on OH by searching 3 year anniversaries.  You look great & it sounds like you have such a positive attitude.  I was wondering if you would share how you accomplished your goals?  I'm 3 years out this month & I have gained back about 12 lbs & have no idea what to do or how to go about losing more weight.  It's as if I've forgotten what I'm supposed to be doing.  I would really welcome & appreciate any suggestions you can give me on how to get back on track.  I feel like I did before the surgery - hopeless & another failure.  I don't even know what I'm supposed to be doing right now to lose more weight.  My insurance changed awhile back & I can't afford to go to the dr on a regular basis.  I don't  think I've ever been to that "sweet spot" that they kept telling me about.  I'm hardly ever satisfied/full...when I eat, but I do have  a lot of pain if I eat very much.   What would you do if you were me?  Did you experience anything like this?  Thanks for your time - I really look forward to hearing back from you & CONGRATS on your success!
rlwilburn63
on 2/17/10 10:07 pm - Buda, TX
Topic: 7 years out
I have started the plastic surgery process to correct the bat wings and dunlop in my stomach area. My arms look amazing with 1/3 of them gone after the procedure. I haven't updated my profile in a few years so if anyone is in need of help, want to share a story or ask questions about mine, I'm here to help. God Bless all!!!
sara_marie22
on 5/5/09 11:27 am
Cassandra Blake
on 1/28/09 9:54 pm - Kitty Hawk, NC
Topic: RE: I wiill be 6 years out!
Hi Lyn,
  Congrats on your continued success.  I have really struggled the past two years, however, I am getting back on track with the basics.  Thanks for the update, I hope to lose these 30 pounds within the next year.
Regards,
Cassandra
"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."  -Henry Ford
Cassan
dra on the sandbar

Most Active
Recent Topics
so sad
happygirl01 · 0 replies · 804 views
7 years out
rlwilburn63 · 2 replies · 817 views
I wiill be 6 years out!