Recent Posts

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/7/15 4:22 am - OH
Topic: RE: 11 months out: Is it possible to lose another 30 lbs in 3 months?

I think it is definitely possible to lose an additional 30 pounds but it is unlikely to happen in just three months at almost a year out.  As you get smaller, your caloric deficit decreases and the weight loss slows, and your body has been gradually overcoming the caloric malabsorption, so you are absorbing more of the calories you eat.  

You don't stop losing weight after a year out, but it slows significantly, and since you lost 112 pounds in 11 months (about 10 pounds a month) during the period of most rapid weight loss, you are very unlikely to continue losing at that rate at a year out.  (How much have you lost in the last 4 weeks?  How much during the month before that? THAT rate of loss, or a bit less, is what is most realistic.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Catrina A. McAllister
on 11/25/14 4:43 pm - Tyler, TX
Topic: Post lap band surgery significant hair loss

My surgery date is June 2009. I have had significant hair loss over the last year or more. My hair is getting thinner and thinner. I've been using a protein conditioner for about 8 mo.s now. I started prenatal vitamins about 1 mo. ago. I've been taking biotin for a week now. Does anyone have any suggestions that they have had actual noticeable success in stopping major hair loss? 

Catrina Mc

TaterBug1971
on 4/27/14 11:22 pm - LiL Southern Town, NC
Topic: June surgaversary.. Coming up! How's everyone doing?

well it's been five years for me and I have lost, I have gained, have lost and I have gained some things have improved and something's have not. For the most part I feel great I still love my decision I can eat most things with out any problem .I still have a hard time with chicken and steak. And most of the time it lands me over the toilet. For a while I thought that was a daily ritual thank goodness I only get sic****asionally now. My lowest weight was 113. I ranged in the 120s to 130 for the most part. Since leaving my job and change in lifestyle habits I am now 148. I know my pouch still works it is the choices that I have made lately that has caused me to gain but I am working hard to lose it again! Anyways..... I just wanted to say hey and am curious how everyone's doing!!!!

CANDACE 

June3,2009

Goal reached 115 4/5/2010   SW 210/ GW125-130/ LW 115/ CW148
  PeaceLove Coffee !!!

Brandi F.
on 10/27/13 7:43 am - Kissimmee, FL
Topic: RE: Any June 2009 folks still out there?

I lost about 112 pounds, but I have regained about 35.  My husband and I are trying to conceive, but part of me is terrified of what it will do to my body.  I'm already very ashamed of myself for my regain and I can only imagine what a pregnancy will do to me, and I'm afraid of not being able to take the time to take care of my body after.

Saundra P.
on 6/26/13 2:37 pm - Mesquite, TX

I reached goal a little over a year out and have not experienced any regain but that is my biggest fear.  I do still weight every day since that helps me stay focused.  

If you are steadily losing and not had bounce back I am sure you will get to goal. 

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

sirenitycalling
on 6/16/13 3:15 pm - OH

Hello,

My ReBirthday is tomorrow and my journey is not over yet either. But I am down 10 dress sizes and I am a few inches away from another size down!!!

I am dancing off the pounds along with a weight bearing workout. I follow the 2:1 protein:carb ratio when I eat and that seems to help keep the protein on track. Bonus, I have a tracker on my cell phone! Keeping a food journal really helps.

NewDayDawning
on 1/17/13 12:30 am
Topic: Any June 2009 folks still out there?

I'm just curious how some of you are doing?

My journey continues - I have continued to steadily lose - and haven't bounced back... but haven't reached my goal of 175 yet.  

Exercise is a way of life now - the getting protein in continues to be a challenge.   I'm a size 14-16 on the bottom and a 10-12 on the top... For the most part I feel MUCH better than I did before, but finding it hard to accept where I have seemed to land as my final "resting" place.

How about you?

Dr. Benn gave me an incredible tool.. and I intend to make the most out of it!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 12:45 pm
Topic: RE: Need to get back on track
 I went from 245 to 163 and then went up to 180.  About 2 or 3 months ago, I magically lost 11 pounds.  I am at 169 - and a high of 172...Im good with that - I would love to get down to 155 but realize that isn't going to happen.  So for 47 years old, I am content where i am at...
mandykay80
on 7/9/12 11:54 am - MN
Topic: RE: Is anyone still out there?
 I am in a real real bad boat.  Not sure if anyone reads this thread anymore.....but....
So I started at 350.  The lowest I got was 187 or 191, depending  :)  I am now at 243.....YIKES!!!!!HELP!!!!  My first step was to get the hell back on here!!!!  I like the one post, baby steps back like we did at the begining.  I know it sounds kinda fake, but with it being bedtime, I am gonna start tomorrow  ;)  YAWN!  

Night all!
mandykay80
on 7/9/12 11:49 am - MN
Topic: RE: Need to get back on track
 How are you all doing now??
Most Active