No revision

Lisa Tucker
on 5/4/12 12:31 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
Anthem BCBS will NOT approve my revision. It is in the Kroger contract, that only one surgery can be done, They will approve the removal.

I am waiting for the insurance office at The Kane Center to call, I do have Medicare part A. We will see.

LISA
georgie3772
on 5/4/12 1:33 am - Manteno, IL
Well, shoot.  Medicare might, but would Part A cover the whole thing or just the hospital part?  I don't know a lot about Medicare, but have been learning, as I've looked up stuff for a couple of my friends.  Maybe Kane Center/Dr. McD will have some other thoughts on the subject.  Keep us posted. 

georgie

Phatchick
on 5/7/12 4:56 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Hi Georgie,

Chris Joyce is my doc too. I adore him. Best, Sharon

ChristineB
on 5/4/12 5:03 am, edited 5/4/12 5:04 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
Lisa, first off I am sorry that your current insurance will not cover the revision. If you are covered under Medicare (hopefully all or part of below) then there is a good chance you can receive a revision. The girls in the insurance office at the Kane Center should be able to help you with this.

Part A is for your inpatient care
Part B covers your doctor visits, outpatient care, durable medical equipment etc.

These two plans people will sign up for when they are medicare eligible.

Part C is the Medicare Advantage care plan (like an HMO or PPO) It will have both parts of A & B and it has other coverage that the Part A & B.

Part D is for drugs.

Then there are all of the the different  Plans but not PARTS. The Parts come out of your social security check. The plans are purchased separately by the individual to supplement what Medicare does not cover. These are purchased from companies like BCBS, Humana, AARP, UHC but they are not all created equal. It is highly recommended that people purchase the extra plans be because a medical incident can practically wipe out a person's savings.

Dave and I were at a seminar last fall given by a BCBS reseller and they had a certified employee  there to explain the whole in and out of Medicare system and what extra needs to be purchased. Dave is going with BCBS. We are meeting with a rep next Friday.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

crystal M.
on 5/4/12 5:47 am - Joliet, IL
Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry.  I know how much you were looking forward to having your revision.  I hope you hear good news from Medicare...at least you have that option to try.  And at least they will do the removal. 
spotcat6
on 5/4/12 8:37 am, edited 5/3/12 8:38 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 05/07/12
i know that medicare coveres the original surgery cause that is how i am getting mine. As for a revision that i'm not sure of but the Kane center is good i'm sure they will know. Good luck.

Nancy G.
on 5/4/12 11:22 am - La Salle, IL
 Lisa

i am so sorry to hear this!     I would not give up hope.  There has to be away around this.  I am sure the Kane Center can come up with some ideas.  Good luck! 

Cat Lady

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1079 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5349 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5375 views
Thursday Roll Call