cravings

Patm
on 3/8/12 4:32 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
My son was recently hospitalised. In the past I would have used this as an excuse to binge. i realised as i walked past the gift shop that I would have stopped in for something. At home i realised how much I grazed when i was up-set. I was only fooling myself that I stuck to the many diets. This realization helped me to work through the cravings and desire to eat something bad. I think this coming so close to after surgery made me re-assess why I wanted to eat. I am only 6 wks post op and couldn't over eat if I wanted to.
Thank goodnes for zero calorie chocolate pudding. At least that felt like a treat.

hobbithands
on 3/8/12 4:46 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 I hope your son is ok. And yay for self control!

Patm
on 3/8/12 4:49 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Thanks. He is home now. Like many young males he disregarded a fever and went winter camping. It turned out he had mono and ended up with liver and spleen complications. He looked pretty yellow for a while.

Karen W.
on 3/8/12 10:22 pm - Canada
The pudding was a great choice.

I get cravings when I'm under stress, overtired, PMS'ing, and sometimes just when I'm around "bad" foods.  I cope with them fairly well, but am definitely not perfect!  Now is a great time for you to start developing strategies to cope with your cravings.

I'm glad to hear that your son is ok.

RNY April 11, 2011       

350Ann180
on 3/8/12 10:40 pm - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
The hardest part is recognizing it and YOU DID IT!

Congratulations on shifting your mind and your behaviour - that breakthrough gives you a great feeling doesn't it?

PS - glad your son is OK

Most Active
Recent Topics