Still don't understand why Gas X strips

Could_It_Be
on 6/16/11 2:53 am
It's not like the gas that they fill you with is INSIDE your digestive system, how do these help. Or do you also have the burp/toot kind of gas??

Thanks!

VSG on 6/22/11
acbbrown
on 6/16/11 3:13 am - Granada Hills, CA
I've had some gas in my digestive track. But a majority of the gas is probably not going to be resolved by gas x - just walking.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

mamiej
on 6/16/11 3:14 am - brighton, TN
I don't really know the "why" of why it helps, maybe psychological, I don't know, but I do know that it seemed to help me.

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 3:15 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
They dont.  That's why you need to get up and walk, cuz that helps your body to absorb and then expell the gas.  Unless the gas absorbs thru your intestines, but that not terribly likely.

I didnt have the farting like some folks say, but I also didnt have any gas issues at all. Dr A burped my belly like my mama used to burp her waterbed in the 70s!  :}

NO BUBBLES!!
Crunchy As Can Be
on 6/16/11 3:41 am - NY
I had some gas from drinking fluids that my stomach didn't seem to want to drink at first post-op, but no, the surgery kind of gas is not the burp/toot kind of gas.

I never used Gas-X or any other product, just drank warm broth and herbal tea to get through that stage, and WALKED WALKED WALKED to get past the surgery gas.

PS- I love that you call it tooting. So funny!
 ~~Emily~~

diane S.
on 6/16/11 3:44 am
these don't help with the gas they pump into you in surgery. what they work for is if you eat a bit too fast or a bit too much and swallow some air while eating or drinking and get an uncomfortable tummy. Early on, i followed most meals with one of these to settle things down. Now I only use them occasionally.     Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Could_It_Be
on 6/16/11 4:27 am
Thanks, this makes sense!

I'm taking comfy walking shoes to the hospital with me
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 78 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op