2 year post op ... liquid diet success??

Melissa P.
on 3/22/11 9:18 am
I am 2 years post op and I have been stuck for months ... recently, I gained 6 pounds and I am trying to get back to basics.  Has anyone went back to a liquid diet for a few weeks to jumpstart themselves?  Just wondering if this is a viable option or if anyone else has had success with this.

Thanks,
Melissa

The Incredible
Shrinking Woman

on 3/22/11 10:04 am - NY

Before you go that route, do you do any exercise?  Can you increase the duration, resistance, etc?  How many calories/fat/protein/carbs are you eating each day?  Is there any room just to decrease your calories in any area?

For me, personally, given the choice of a 250 calorie protein shake or a big salad with some protein and veggies for 250 calories, I will take the food anyday.  I had a protein drink for lunch yesterday and I felt unsatisfied ALL day long.

I have been staying the same weight for several months now too.  However, I have not been as diligent about exercise.  This week, I had made some modifiications to my food choices this week.  For instance, I haven't been adding turkey sausage to my egg white omlet and that saves me about 75 calories/day.  I also have NOT had any potato chips at lunch ... that is my weakness and that saves me about 300 calories!  Sometimes little changes can result in the scale moving in the right direction. 

Nancy
"Learn from Yesterday.  Live for Today.  Hope for Tomorrow" - Albet Einstein

mollypitcher08
on 3/22/11 10:29 pm
Just had to chime in here and agree with you on checking the amounts/calories you are consuming.  They have a way of "creeeping up on you without you realizing it.  Also are you getting all of your fluids in daily? This, too, is important!!! If you work your tool properly. you will start to see the weight come off again.  It's hard work most especially after the 2 year mark is passing, but you can do it!! Many people find themselves in the same boat as you 9Me for instance!!) Really examine your routine and I think you will see something you either need to change about it or aren't doing as faithfully as you were 2 years ago!
In the meantime people here have some great suggestions that do work!!! Hang in there, you can start to move the scale again and remember the good job you have done thus far!!! Take care and keep up the good work, too.   Mary
ssciolino
on 3/22/11 10:18 am - Webster, NY
Check out the "5 day pouch test"..Stella 
phred
on 3/22/11 12:26 pm - CO

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

kyutzy
on 3/22/11 11:19 pm - Arlington, TX
 I'm in the same boat as you so last week I decided to try the pouch test.  I didn't even last one day drinking only liquids.  I ate one meal and had 2 shakes.  The next day I ate food and had only 1 shake.  The next day I was back to 3 meals a day and no shakes.  I eat well and log all my food.  Haven't changed a thing and gained about 10 lbs.  Don't know what's up but will continue to do what I am doing because I don't deviate from the diet plan.  That's all I can do.  
Go to the doctor today.  Maybe he will have some feedback.
Good luck to you whatever you decide will work for you.
H.A.L.A B.
on 3/23/11 2:08 am
It helps meto reset the los carb and good restriction. Get of the junk food wagon, and start all over again.  But I make sure I get enough proteins, fat and calories.  (net 800). 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active