pre-op and gaining weight

teresarenea
on 5/12/11 7:05 am - KY
I dont know what the heck I am doing wrong I have not had a coke in a month now.... SF everything  that I drink...I am not having any sweets at all....I am eating breakfast now usually a low fat yougart and a banana.....really watching my portion size  and not having seconds, any meat is made on the forman grill...I have very bad allergies and asthma so the exercise is not great but I am walking up and down the holler and around the mall trying to get myself up to doing more...anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong or what else I can do for the weight to start coming off....I have gained 5lbs since I started watching what I am doing...today after my app. I sat in the parking lot and bawled like a baby
Teresa            
Jtinkb6988
on 5/12/11 7:31 am - Round Rock, TX
SF drinks maybe the problem. I drink tea with Truvia and it helps. I found out that Splenda made me gain weight. When I took Lantus for diabetes it made me gain weight after surgery.

Some of your meds could be a problem, too.

I am praying for you.

Just get a kleenex shake it off and do the best you can.

Off into the wild blue yonder.

Highest weight:329
Surgery Weight:286

shantele7824
on 5/12/11 9:09 am - SAN PABLO, CA
Also low fat doesn't meal low in sugar and carbs if you really want to lose weight start doing shakes and 1 healthy meal a day or all liquids I don't know how much you have to lose but I lost alot of weight doing both.  Also make sure you are doing low carbs/sugar free stuff and low in calories
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

Kim_M
on 5/12/11 10:43 am - LaPorte, TX
On May 12, 2011 at 4:09 PM Pacific Time, shantele7824 wrote:
Also low fat doesn't meal low in sugar and carbs if you really want to lose weight start doing shakes and 1 healthy meal a day or all liquids I don't know how much you have to lose but I lost alot of weight doing both.  Also make sure you are doing low carbs/sugar free stuff and low in calories
This is what I did Lean shake from gnc choc flavor taste like a malt.I lost 12 in a week.

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
LittleMissSunshine
on 5/12/11 12:23 pm
I've lost 15 lbs so far on my pre-op by following my surgeon's guidelines.  Here's what I'm doing:

1.) Sign up for myfitnesspal.com and set it as one of your homepage tabs.  Log in every day and record everything that passes your lips... don't leave anything off, ever (this is also helpful for speculating what the impact would be if you decided to give in on something you want, but shouldn't have -- check it here before you eat it and decide if it's worth it).

2.) Avoid sugar completely, keep your carbs under 30g/day and calories no higher than 1200/day.

3.) PIck up a 32oz Nalgene bottle and some boxes of the Propel (grape is my favorite) powder packets, keep both with you at all times... that's the only thing you should be drinking, make sure you get in at least 2 full bottles each day.

4.)  My typical day consists of...

Breakfast: A 2 scoop Unjury shake--with water, milk is extra carbs

Exercise: A 30-45 min workout at the gym, depending on how much time I've given myself before work (I typically do the elliptical and burn around 450-600 calories on the interval course, upping the resistance steadily throughout).

Lunch: Around 5 slices of deli chicken or turkey and 1-2 .75 oz cheese snacks

Afternoon snack: A 1 scoop Unjury shake in the late afternoon to tide me over 'till dinner

Dinner: 5-7oz of meat and about 1-2 cups of veggies w/ 2tbsp of butter (I tend to default to broccoli even though it's one of the higher carb veggies... I can afford it by keeping carbs low all day).

Dessert: 1-2 sugar free Jello cups

It's worth mentioning that bacon and eggs are also a favorite for breakfast or lunch if I'm home, but most of my lunches are portable since I'm usually on the go Mon-Fri.  Turkey bacon is pretty good too if you want o****ch your fat intake.  I just picked up some lettuce, tomato and low fat mayo... going to give a breadless BLT a try (lettuce wrap).  Maybe even a chicken club kinda thing would work too.

Anyway... follow that or any variation that keeps your calories low and carbs under 30g/day and there's no way you can't lose. 

Good luck!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

BeautyisherGODgiven
name

on 5/12/11 10:29 pm
this is freaking awesome and more do-able than the liquid shake. I will try this for a while before I have to start my liquid diet. THANKS
Follow my progress: www.youtube.com/user/livictori                           

teresarenea
on 5/12/11 8:41 pm - KY
Thanks everyone for the wonderful suggestions.....I am going to do all of these things  I already keep a fod journal but I like the idea of having it calcuated on that site....
Teresa            
samsander
on 5/13/11 3:58 am - CA
Don't be so hard on yourself... that might help too!!!!

I gained 10 pounds in the month before my surgery.... I suppose it was anxiety based.

When is your surgery?

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

teresarenea
on 5/13/11 4:56 am - KY
omg lil miss sun shine thank you s much for the tracking site wow I didnt realize I was still taking in soooo m any calories even a snack wrap is loaded......that was a real eye opener and I guess I fibbed earlier not on purpose but when I am out and dont have my water with me I grab a large sweet tea at mcdonald and wow at the calories in that also again thank you thank you thank you lol
Teresa            
teresarenea
on 5/13/11 5:00 am - KY
Mary I dont have a date yet it will be some time in August or September........thanks  everyone for the encouragement it really helped alot and for anyone that is having this trouble please follow lil miss sunshines advice and get the food tracker wow what a difference this tool has made in the fews hours I have had it.........I thought I was doing soo good wathing everything  and come to realize now I am lucky I have not gained more Happy Friday
Teresa            
Most Active