All I wanna do is eat.

Keldriv
on 8/9/11 9:26 am - Fair Play, SC
Has anyone ever went tough stages where you feel that all you want do is eat without being satisfied. Its like you know its mental hunger but it wont stop tempting you till you fulfill it.
                                   Married Mother of 3 Likeing the New Me!!
Highest Weight 384, Pre-surgery weight 313, Current Weight @144, Goal Weight 150, Ideal Weight
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
"Be not anxious for what you shall eat, or what you shall drink ... or what you shall wear ... Isn't life more than food? ... and the body more than clothing?"~ Luke 12:22; 29
Kelly    
dani02
on 8/9/11 9:31 am - Utica, MI
All I can say is YES! I dont know why it happens and I dont know how to fix it.
You are not alone.

Dani

petiteposies
on 8/9/11 9:50 am - FL
Oh my God!   I did not want to hear this....  I am so sorry this is happening to you and the next poster too.  For your sakes, but of course, for my own ...  I have read nothing like this on any of the 4 forums I read ... always it is the opposite, people have a tough time getting enough food in.  Lots of people say they were hungry ALL the time before surgery like I am, but not after ... I hate to say this but you are scaring me and I am already having 2nd thots about doing this, .... sorry, but that's how it is ....Samantha
Elizabeth N.
on 8/9/11 11:14 am - Burlington County, NJ
Absolutely this happens a LOT. WLS cures NOTHING about emotional eating. You need to know this and internalize it. You will NOT hate or become even neutral about food, not for the long term. That message is all over the forums. It just took seeing the right post for your eyes to open to it. I'm glad you saw this.

If that leads you to second thoughts, well.....There is NO magic in this anywhere. WLS is a tool. IT would behoove you to choose the tool that fits best with how you can honestly live. That's why I harp on the DS so much. Almost NOBODY can live on a low calorie, low fat diet forever. And that's what the other surgeries require, sometimes to a very extreme degree. Some DSers have to really limit themselves on general food intake as well, but in general, as long as the choices are appropriate, DSers report a LOT more food satisfaction than people with other procedures do.

Phyllis C.
on 8/9/11 10:45 pm
They operate on your stomach, not your head.  Some people do have a greatly diminished hunger, others not so much.   It doesn't stop you from wanting to eat, sometimes I think it drives you to want to eat more in search of that bang.  Eating is definitly not as much fun after WLS, but you keep hoping it will be.

At least with WLS you have a chance of losing weight and getting healthier even if you still have head hunger.  If your thing is sweets, you will have a harder time because sweets go down very easy, unless you dump.

No matter what surgery you have, you can regain if you don't make the right choices most of the time.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

moving-on
on 8/9/11 9:51 am - Rimrock, AZ
Yes, and it really sucks. Sure wish there was a easy fix.
H.A.L.A B.
on 8/9/11 10:08 am
fo rme that happend when I get very hormonal - or I ahd too many carbs in the days before that.
Then my carbs addiction - RH - gets out of control and I want to eat, and eat , and eat...

Once I get decarb-  then things are back to normal.
With hormons  - just make sure I eat my proteins, and drink a lot of water in between. (flavored water)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Keldriv
on 8/9/11 10:24 am - Fair Play, SC
That makes since for the past week Ive been hormonal. Since Ive had female (i still have uterus and overies but uterus doesnt shead) its hard for me to know when Im cycleing. However I do get some of the systems in the second and third weeks of the month. Too bad they dont have a weight loss tool for PMS or hormones. :-)
                                   Married Mother of 3 Likeing the New Me!!
Highest Weight 384, Pre-surgery weight 313, Current Weight @144, Goal Weight 150, Ideal Weight
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
"Be not anxious for what you shall eat, or what you shall drink ... or what you shall wear ... Isn't life more than food? ... and the body more than clothing?"~ Luke 12:22; 29
Kelly    
happypeach
on 8/9/11 10:49 am - Rome, GA
I hate to bust your bubble sweetie, but WLS doesn't make you not hungry for life.  Yes, in the first 6 months you have a hard time getting i enuf, but then eventually your hunger does come back, so that is why it is SO IMPORTANT to make the most of the first year.  Change your eating habits, and do not GRAZE, cause you have to work your tool to keep it off.

SO WORTH IT ... !!

Starting:  370, Current: 198.5, Goal: 190

mkbeany
on 8/9/11 11:17 am
My desire to eat returned with a vengeance...particularly at night.
Late night eating was terrible for me pre-op.
I thought I was rid of the demon.
But I am not. I fight it every day.

I work to make good choices...Cheese, jerky, a handful of cherries.
I budget my night snack into my food tracking so that I have control.

Best advice is to not let it get out of hand.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Most Active