Does the Patient Fail the Procedure...?

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/1/11 8:41 am
 language!  

I'm sorry, this "journey"    is ONE size fits all!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

MacMadame
on 9/1/11 12:19 pm - Northern, CA
 Darn. I was expecting an animal picture!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/1/11 8:48 pm

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

size 8, life is great

MacMadame
on 9/2/11 2:08 am - Northern, CA

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

tripmom02
on 9/3/11 2:28 am - NJ
 Do you have a crockpot? If so you could make a free range chicken just as good as those from the store in no time flat! 

I take a whole frozen chicken and toss it in the crock pot (breast facing down) with some sort of liquid (I make homemade curry coconut chicken broth and often use that, it's heavenly). Then set it on low and let it go all day. 

If you like the skin crispy, you can remove the whole thing to a baking sheet and put it under the broiler for a few mins. 

So juicy and easy!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/3/11 4:18 am
 I know, I have done it a couple times so far. need to do it more!

size 8, life is great

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/11 10:11 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Whether you like how MacMadame responded or not, she's right. I, for one, never drank protein shakes that were "******g disgusting." If I tried one and didn't like it, I got rid of it; never forced myself to repeatedly consume something I didn't enjoy. Why would I? I made my shakes using heavy cream and a chocolate mint protein powder, and I thought they were DELICIOUS (I only don't drink them anymore because I'm currently avoiding artificial sweeteners while I'm pregnant, but honestly, I miss them!). And so, at even more than 2 years out from my surgery, I still drank protein shakes regularly. What's so wrong with that? Some "normal" people drink a glass of chocolate milk every day, so why is this so different?

Plus, I can't eat rotisserie chicken in the car on my way to work, which is when I always had my first protein shake of the day. I did the same even without surgery, except it would be a low-fat smoothie of some sort (thank god I learned that fat is GOOD for me!). And, no, I wasn't on "some sort of Slim Fast or Cambridge type diet." I just liked them. But, apparently, that means there was something wrong with me.

Let people do what works for them. Your definition of "normal" isn't the ONLY "normal."
So Blessed!
on 8/30/11 11:52 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this.  The most profound thing that I gleaned from reading in this article was "obesity is not a single disease" 

That's deep.

Each person has to find their own path.  There are no one-size-fits-all answers.
LaughingCow
on 8/31/11 2:04 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with

Very interesting article.  Thanks for posting it!

Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
AnneGG
on 8/31/11 4:22 am
Maybe the responsibility is a mixture of both the person and the surgery?

I never expected the surgery to fix my head in terms of bad habits. I also haven't looked for it to solve all my eating or lack of exercise problems. I don't feel good eating lots of fats, even if I could.

I do like feeling healthy and being responsible for that.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active