post opt pain

leanno01
on 10/22/11 10:17 am
Ok...I am currently 3 days post op. I expected some pain but this is bad. Any suggestions? I am already on a pain killer but it only helps an hour or two. Oh God does this hurt
glzgowlass
on 10/22/11 10:53 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
What did the doctor give you for pain management?  I found Lortab took the edge off.  I can't lie though, I felt really bad for about 5 days and then it slowly got better.  It will get better.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 10/22/11 12:15 pm
Call your surgeon.  You should not be in pain.

Winnie

AnneGG
on 10/22/11 12:49 pm
I agree with Winnie- please call your doctor if you are in this much pain.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

NanaRose142
on 10/22/11 12:56 pm - TX
They have already sent you home and with this kind of pain??? So sorry for you.  I have not had my surgery yet and plan to ask my doctor about this kind of pain. 
Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I got older.    
arlyn613
on 10/22/11 1:09 pm, edited 10/22/11 1:13 pm - GA
My surgery was on 10/10/11 and my pain was pretty high. I was given Lortab as well. I know everyone tolerates pain differently and have underlying issues that may make you feel more pain than others. Quite honestly I'm a big baby, but that being said,the best advice I got was from a friend who had surgery a few years ago that really helped. She told me to walk as much as I could. I found that actually standing up felt better than sitting down and so I walked all through my house. I didn't go outside,cuz I didn't feel up to it,but walking through the house really helped me ease the pain. I didn't do laps or anything..walked in a few circles..yes but it did help a lot. I hope it helps you too. If the pain continues I would call your doctor,but he will likely tell you to do the same. I was one of my doctor's higher risk patients and he told me to walk to keep from getting blood clots in my legs. I wish you lots of luck and it gets better every day ♥
 Life is too short to take things for granted..LOVE deeply, LIVE fully and be THANKFUL..but above all put your FAITH in GOD  Love to all,Arlyn♥    
Elizabeth N.
on 10/22/11 9:34 pm, edited 1/1/12 10:21 pm - Burlington County, NJ

Emily F.
on 10/23/11 8:12 am
If you are in pain, it will hurt the healing process, you need to tell your doctor.
Most Active