4 year's out and still feel so tired..help

lvesper
on 1/4/12 3:18 am - carmel, IN
Just  wanting some advice, im almost 4 years post op and im feeling so tired, im having lot's of back pain. Just hoping for some suggestions. I've really been slacking on my supplement/s so please let me know what works for you!

wonkad
on 1/4/12 3:29 am - IL
Taking my supplements, getting my labwork done and eating healthy works for me. 

shock.gif

**Weight loss since June 08**

wonkad
on 1/4/12 3:31 am - IL
Sooooo...start off by taking your supplements and get a FULL set of labs done. You need to know where ya at ASAP before ya kill yourself.

Take care!

shock.gif

Tonya S.
on 1/4/12 8:59 am
I keep looking at your video pic and can't for the life of me figure out what in the world you are doing! LOL!

" You will be safe in his arms, the hands that hold the world are holding your heart"
wonkad
on 1/4/12 8:34 pm - IL
 Hee-Hee...That's Janice Dickinson when she was on the reality show I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

shock.gif

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/4/12 3:32 am
when last time did you have a full blood work?

you need to check it all

You had surgery close to mine. 2 years into I got really tired, depressed.  I did detailed blood work and with people from here learn to understand my results.
I found out that even though most of my blood work were "normal" they were not optimum for me.
example: iron and B12, and cholesterol. proteins

all of them were too low for me to feel good.   
When my B12 drops below 800 - I feel crappy
when my ferritin was normal at 11 - I felt bad
when my total cholesterol dropped to 100, and triglycerides to 50 - my body shut down some hormones production ...
my protein level was 6.6...

any other numbers were OK. 
All those numbers may be critical, each one of them individually or when they are combined - i crashed.

1. I get now b12 injections at least once a week.   After checking my levels my doc agreed that I need that
2. got iron infusions - some of my symptoms were due to low ferritins *below 50)  -i.e. RLS
3. increased proteins intake from 100 to 120-150 per day. - Now my proteins are 7.2-7.4
4. added more carbs  - to increase my total cholesterol and also make sure I eat good carbs (fruits veggies) at least at every other meal.
5. got on bio-identical hormones (testosterone - the good feel hormone
6. added supplements to help my thyroid - the TSH and T4 were fine - but my body was not converting the T4 to T3.  So I research that and added some essential elements to help with that.

Blood work - then start with that after you have the results.

Best person to adviose you (IMO): Vitalady...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

hollykim
on 1/4/12 6:02 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
May I respectfully ask WHY you are slacking on your supplements?

poet_kelly
on 1/4/12 7:37 am - OH
Had labs done lately?  What was your iron?  Ferritin?  B12?

Why are you slacking on your supplements?  What works for me is taking ALL my supplements and getting labs done every six months so I know what adjustments to make to those supplements.  That would probably work for you, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lvesper
on 1/4/12 8:27 am - carmel, IN
Well I get my B12 once a month and had 6 weeks of iron inffusions. And I still don't feel up to par. The main reason is my husband lost his job and money is tight we have 4 kids, so I put my needs off for a long time. But now im seeing the side effects. But it has been so long since I have taken my supplements I can't even remember what all I need. I still do my b12 once a month. So could you all point me in the right direction on what supplemts you are taking.
                                             Thank you all for the help.
Ms Shell
on 1/4/12 8:46 am - Hawthorne, CA
I can only imagine how tight money can be but SERIOUSLY you are in DANGER pay annually for labs or possibly later for hospital visits and funeral costs.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active