First protein drink

Katie K.
on 1/7/12 2:06 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
 I'm trying Nectar Lemon Tea. It's good, but is it supposed to be foamy?
Bettisima
on 1/7/12 3:52 am
Depending on how much you blend it, it's going to get a little frothy and foamy. If you use a blender, magic bullet, ninja type blender... Yeah almost any shake will foam because of all the air you are mixing in. You can blend them, and then set them in the frig for 20 minutes are so to allow the foam to reduce.
Katie K.
on 1/7/12 4:12 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
 I used a Blender Bottle that comes with a whisk ball and shook it like crazy. Does the whey smell come from the foam? It was a little odd with the lemon tea flavor. Which I recommend, btw. 
Bettisima
on 1/7/12 5:46 am
It's whey based protein so there is a little bit of that smell in all of them. I don't really buy any other kind of protein, because I really have enjoyed the Nectar ones. if you don't like the smell, using a travel mug with a lid helps.

You can search online for a sample pack, which will send you samples of all 13 flavors. I had two complete sets that I used the first few days post op, to find the flavors I liked best. Fuzzy navel really helps with my morning juice craving, I add a couple drops of peach/mango mio, it's very tasty. I also like the roadside lemonade.

Good luck on your journey!
MrsP
on 1/7/12 4:52 am - Bakersfield, CA
I use a lot of different Nectar flavors, they mix really well and not clumpy with just stirring, my favorite is the crystal sky flavor mixed in with fruit punch crystal light and the fuzzy navel mixed with mango peach or orange crystal light, and the capuchino in my morning coffee. I sometimes mix a scoop of the lemon tea right into a big glass of ice tea.
Katie K.
on 1/7/12 5:16 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
 I was really disappointed that they didn't send me a sample of fuzzy navel. 
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 6:29 am, edited 1/7/12 6:29 am
I have been drinking syntrax for years.  You don't need a magic bullet, blender bottle, or anything else.  Just 10 seconds with a fast sppon and it is incredibly smooth with no foam.  My favorite is now chocolate truffle.
Katie K.
on 1/7/12 6:50 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
On January 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM Pacific Time, Christopher_J wrote:
I have been drinking syntrax for years.  You don't need a magic bullet, blender bottle, or anything else.  Just 10 seconds with a fast sppon and it is incredibly smooth with no foam.  My favorite is now chocolate truffle.
 I bought the Blender Bottle because I thought it would be convenient for work. And I thought it was cool ;)
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 7:02 am
They are very cool!  I have the same kind.  They are just a pain to wash out at work because the protein is sticky...as you already now.  :)
Katie K.
on 1/7/12 7:07 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
Umm... I haven't washed it yet. I thought some soap and shakeshakeshake would do it. Who needs a shakeweight, right? 
Most Active