Life Choices

susan24
on 1/9/12 1:41 pm - Stuck in traffic or an airport near you, TX
what makes me so annoyed is the way certain people are being moderated.

It is OH's house...and they can make rules.  If they want it to be a place of nothing but rainbows and unicorns and no real information,  that is their choice.

But it's just odd that certain people are just completely obnoxious,  **** stirrers, rude, condescening,  and yet,  they are allowed to post.

I know I come here way less now.

My hope is that OH will right some of the wrongs they have made.

“Saying ‘I’m sorry’ is the same as saying ‘I apologize.’ Except at a funeral.?
-- Demetri Martin

MsBatt
on 1/9/12 1:40 pm
On January 8, 2012 at 2:50 PM Pacific Time, susan24 wrote:
what makes me so annoyed is the way certain people are being moderated.

It is OH's house...and they can make rules.  If they want it to be a place of nothing but rainbows and unicorns and no real information,  that is their choice.

But it's just odd that certain people are just completely obnoxious,  **** stirrers, rude, condescening,  and yet,  they are allowed to post.

I know I come here way less now.

My hope is that OH will right some of the wrongs they have made.
Susan! Hi!

See you OvertHere!

Chilipepper
I think OH created a lot of this problem when they took away the R&R board.  Battles would be fought out over there out of the spotlight of the MB.  They would shoot an irate post over there and it would be discussed and dealt with.  Now, the only place to discuss anything is on the MB and it will bring out everyone!!  Leeann tried and succeed for a long to with her R&RII board...but it wasn't administered by OH therefore it wasn't open to everyone.  No one should be silenced..but before RR was a place where the most controversial post/posters could congregate. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Phyllis C.
I wish there was a way to have an R&R board here.  There is just so much bad blood and bad behavior, I just don't see how it would work.

Maybe if there were several layers of moderation where not all the decision making would be left up to one group or person.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

Chilipepper
They have enough invested in this website...they could/should be able to administer a RR board.  The should have NEVER gotten rid of it! 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

M M
on 1/9/12 1:39 pm
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/12 1:39 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
On January 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM Pacific Time, m m wrote:
 Agree. 

R + R kept a lot of the drama off the main forum, and where folks could duke it out, at least a little bit.

And sometimes people duke it out in facebook groups....well at least when there is somebody who is not willing act like a lost dip****
M M
on 1/9/12 1:39 pm
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/12 1:38 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
On January 8, 2012 at 5:02 PM Pacific Time, m m wrote:
 Facebook is all drama because there is zero moderation and no way to report things effectively until it goes too far.
And some people will feed a person just enough rope to hang themselves with....or at least have their account deactivated...Know any people like that Beth ?
M M
on 1/9/12 1:38 pm
Most Active