"700-Lb. Man Pleads For Help On U-Tube"

Batwingsman
on 3/5/12 4:25 pm - Garland, TX
Hi Everyone,

LTNS, I know ... I saw this heartbreaking video - which has gone viral on U-Tube - and thought I'd post it here for anyone who has not seen it yet.  I wonder if any of the "experts" or celebs that responded to the video offered WLS to him -- the article doesn't mention any, if so.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/03/robert-gibbs-liverm ore_n_1318866.html?ref=mostpopular

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

onemoretry
on 3/5/12 8:34 pm - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
This is so sad, you can hear how helpless/hopeless he is. Makes me want to cry. I did watch the video done by CBS and it looks like he may be getting some help from Chris Powell.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

poet_kelly
on 3/5/12 8:41 pm - OH
I wondered about that too.  But putting him on the Biggest Loser makes a much more dramatic story, doesn't it?  I think that's sad.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

xtine
on 3/6/12 12:52 am - San Jose, CA
My cousin went to High School with him. He lives 30 minutes from where I do. I sure hope he gets the help he needs.

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

MichelleNC
on 3/6/12 1:46 am
I saw on one of the news clips this am that Dr. Phil was reaching out to help too! Dr Phil and Chris Powell would be quite a combo. I have to be honest I can't wait the video for the fear that I will end up crying all day. It sounded pretty sad and I saw lots of BL contestant reaching out to him too on FB.

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Most Active