Surgery tomorrow...Question for the ladies

DisneyGirl1
on 3/14/12 2:40 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 03/15/12
Ok, so my surgery is all set for tomorrow afternoon.  I went to the hospital this morning to have my blood drawn for my blood typing and everything is a go.  Being so busy getting ready for surgery and time away from work, I completely didn't realize I was due for my period and sure enough, started today.  So, crazy question, how do I handle my period tomorrow when I go in for surgery??  Any of you ladies been there/done that?  I sent an email to the surgeon's office and will probably get a reply late in the day today, but curiousity is driving me nuts!
Jen
  HW: 354   SW: 334  GW: 150

Sonogrrl
on 3/14/12 3:03 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Still pre-op here but I've seen this question before on here & the general concensus has been not to worry as thestaff deals with Aunt Flo visiting their patients regularly & are well prepared! Good luck tomorrow!
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
littleskie
on 3/14/12 3:15 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Not only did I start my period while in the hospital, I was so large i couldn't even wipe my behind. The nurses helped me and were very professional. I couldn't have made it thru without them.

I have been told that its normal for periods to start right after the WLS. Just tell your nurses and such and you will be fine.

There is room on the losing bench waiting for ya!!!!! congrats and good luck!!!!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

poet_kelly
on 3/14/12 4:19 am - OH
Just tell the nurse that is doing your admission.  She'll give you some nice mesh panties and a big pad.  It's no big deal to them at all, they deal with it all the time.

You can take your own underwear and pads to wear after surgery.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

moonboots
on 3/14/12 7:59 am
 Those mesh panties are actually really comfortable...lol! 
Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. psalms 51:10
          HW:325/Pre-OP W:253                    
DisneyGirl1
on 3/14/12 4:30 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 03/15/12
Thank you all!!  Of all the things for me to worry about for tomorrow, this seems like the silliest, but it's just the way my mind works!  

I guess anything that keeps my mind off the clear liquids today is a good thing though, so no complaints here.  

Jen
  HW: 354   SW: 334  GW: 150

Debra P.
on 3/14/12 4:34 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 I go in tomorrow too. Best wishes !!

Lisabell2u
on 3/14/12 4:57 am - CA
Don't worry about it. Like others said it happens all the time and they will give you 'stuff' for it. Just tell the nurses in pre op. I wasn't due for a period, but started the day after surgery and was really caught off guard. The nurse told me it was normal to start your period after having surgery. BTW, the nurses had to help me also with wiping, don't be embarrassed if it happens to you. Just think of it this way, once you leave the hospital you will probably never see this person again. ♥ and good luck!
MichelleNC
on 3/14/12 5:20 am
 That would so be my luck too! Good luck tomorrow!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

CandieHearts
on 3/22/12 10:56 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 05/17/12
Hope everything went well! Looking for an update soon! Get well soon!

Most Active