Question for the Guys: Undergear to control loose skin

rhearob
on 4/16/12 12:42 am - TN
 OK Guys (and maybe wives), I need some advice.

I am down 110 lbs from my VSG in November.  I have been obese since my teenaged years and have massive ammounts of loose skin.  Right now my panni hans down far enough to cover the first two knucles of my hand.  I have large ammounts of loose skin on my thighs, with big sags at the upper thigh.  As far as the chest goes, I have a cups inside the d-cups, LOL.  Of course the bat wings too.

I don't expect anything to make me look completely flat, but I would like to kind of compress everything.  
I just want a less lumpy profile and for my clothes to fit a little better.  I have started using Under Armour compression shorts that does a pretty good job with the backside and upper thighs.  What about T--Shirts for the chest and stomach.  

Have any of you tried any different products - Spanx for men or something?  Any advice appreciated.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Dave Chambers
on 4/16/12 12:55 am - Mira Loma, CA
Google men's compression T shirts, and you should find some items.  Personally I'd consider these too uncomforable. I've tried the abdominal compression garments in the past--two different brands. I can tolerate them for a couple of hours, but for all day long, no way.  Spanx was not a brand I tried. I found the same issue with both brands I used, they would "ride up" or "roll", causing me to constantly tug at them.  Don't even bother to try using them anymore.  It's a personal decision.  You may find it more comfortable to wear a shirt one size larger instead of a form fitting shirt. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

rhearob
on 4/16/12 1:04 am - TN
 Thanks!  I am not really looking for form fitting, I am nowhere near there yet, LOL.  But I am looking for something wher I am in those weird middle sizes.  Right now a 38 or XL is a little too baggy, but a 36 is a little too snug.  That sort fo thing.

What you mention about the shirts rifing up and bulging is what I was afraid of.  IT seemed a bit ridiculous to spend 58 dollars on a T-Shirt.  I saw some Calvin Klein options for less, but still.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Paul C.
on 4/16/12 1:09 am - Cumming, GA
 Compression Gear is the secret!

you can go with under armor but the are more reasonably priced brands that do just as well.  If you have a Kohls near you they carry a nice line of compression gear.  I typically wear tops 1-2 sizes smaller than my shirt size always at least a size smaller.  They take some getting used to but if you exercise they will become a life saver as they hold the jiggly bits in place.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
CorpusMutatis
on 4/16/12 1:18 am
I am now 4 years out from my first surgery (Lap Band and then conversion to  VSG) and I can tell you your skin will look it's worst the first year. (Well, at least that was the case for me)   My pani looked huge the first year buy it slowly has been catching up over time.

I don't know much about compression wear but I will tell you to just be gentle on yourself while everything is adjusting. 

Good job on the 110!
Most Active