hoping to be approved by Kaiser Perm for tummy tuck...any pointers/suggestions?

aimeeg
on 5/11/12 10:43 am
Hi, thanks for taking a few minutes to read this. I am 5'1", lost 130 lbs, maintaining at 127-130 for almost a year. I had the vertical sleeve, provided by Kaiser Permanente. Now i am going on Thurs to see if they will approve me for a tummy tuck. My skin is very saggy, my belly button always collapsed on itself. I don't have a rash and have been told if i have one, that would be better. Any thoughts? One person suggested keep putting dish soap in the crease. I'm not above this

Also, are there any other terms they are looking for to help me qualify?

thanks, aimee

Aimee G.  (video log on youtube, 213aimee)

missmomof4
on 5/11/12 11:41 am
RNY on 09/10/12
Hi Aimee!
I too have Kaiser, but here in California, I am only just now on week 4 of the Options program, but from what I have heard, they will cover a panni, but all of the people that I have heard that have had it, had a long documented history of rashes. I also heard that you can pay to have more work done because when the doctor performs the panni, the main goal is to just remove the skin, not necessarily make it look nice :) ... please keep us posted with what they say, I'm very interested and congrats on your weight loss and maintaining!

HW 366 SW 318 CW 299
acbbrown
on 5/11/12 12:59 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I had a consult a month ago with a Kaiser plastic surgeon, and as far as ive been told, Kaiser will never pay for a TT, only a panni removal. And Kaiser told me that it will be a very basic panni removal. I was also told that they will only cover the lower panni that completely covers the mons area, and that they will not touch anything above the hip line - so, the fold over the belly button is out. I have a very substantial roll of skin/fat over my belly button and have major rashes in my belly button, and Kaiser is refusing to cover it. 

I can pay Kaiser to do a TT, but I have problems paying Kaiser for more sub-standard treatment - I'll take my money else where. 

There requirements as I was told - 

Weight stable for 6-12 months
At least one year post - WLS
Panni has to completely cover mons area
BMI under 30

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Stormy Sky
on 5/12/12 1:06 am
 How about getting a care credit card & paying it off interest free within a year/year and a half? There are also residents at places like Loma Linda that are very affordable. 
  I have used care credit with no problem. I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair. My tummy is now so tight & my belly button really cute. It is really wierd not having a big belly, I still go to adjust it in bed at night & it has been over a year & a half since my tummy tuck.
    Good Luck

Stormy

aimeeg
on 5/16/12 11:32 am
Thanks for the feed back. I have my appointment in the morning. wish me luck! I'll post response from Kaiser.

Aimee G.  (video log on youtube, 213aimee)

Most Active