Thai Chicken recipes

leolady12
on 10/23/12 4:54 am
RNY on 10/01/12
Does anyone have any Thai Chicken recipes that are ok for post op surgery?  Don't want to order it out and can't eat the rice anyway.

acbbrown
on 10/23/12 7:19 am - Granada Hills, CA
I found this really really good Thai green curry sauce at Trader Joes...I usually just mix it with some shredded rotisserie chicken and grilled veggies and it's wonderful.

Serving Size is 1/4 cup - 60 cal, 4.5 g fat, 4 g carbs, 1g protein

I'll tell you that I am super picky about store bought Thai sauces as most of them are soo far from authentic tasting and most are just gross - but i LOVE this sauce.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/12 9:50 pm, edited 10/23/12 9:52 pm
 If U have a Chinese grocery store  near you  you can find  ready-made Thai curry mixes that are  virtually fat free and totally authentic tasting .  U also need some sour  paste to make the curry taste right ... thats called Tom Yum .  buy a small jar of that and keep in the refrigerator .

Here is  my recipe for chicken breast with green curry ...  fat free version. ( noone ever knows the difference ) 

Garlic and fresh ginger sliced or chopped ... about a tablespoon each ... in the pan with organic free range chicken broth on high .  Toast  a bit , then add  one sliced small/medium onion, and  about a tablespoon of the green curry mix, half  that much  if U or someone in Ur family doesn't  like "spicy" . 

Add  sliced chicken breast  and keep adding enough chicken broth to coat chicken .  Add fresh vegetables at this time.too .. string beans, red pepper slices ... anything U like .  Also  add one taspoon or half a teaspoon tom yum. 

Prepare Ur fat free coconut milk substitute by  mixing either powdered milk with water or  using fatfree half and half .  Add a few drops of coconut extract to this  to  give the flavor of coconut milk .

When chicken and veggies are done  ( you're sauteeing on high now )  in a couple of minutes , add the  " cream"  and taste ... whole dish  takes less than ten minutes to cook . 

red curry , panang curry are made   exactly the same way .  

Incidentally some fancier grocerystores also carry little bottles of red and green curry mix  in the ethnic aisle .. the brand is " thai taste " .  Exactlly the same spice mix U find in the Chinese  grocery store and still reasonably priced .

Most Active