Headaches everyday... any help? oh and hairloss???

I_must_be_crazy
on 11/28/12 12:43 am

Hi, My name is Teresa,  I had my bypass surgery almost 8 months ago.  For the last 2 weeks I have had a horrible headache everyday.  Thankfully it does not last all day,  it comes on around late morning to early afternoon and lasts for a few hours.  I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone could know what is causing it?     Plus, about how long does the hairloss last?  My hair is really getting thin :(  

Huneypie
on 11/28/12 12:55 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Are you dehydrated?  If you're in an office it could be to do with your chair/workstation so it's worth checking you're not getting any neck strain and have a foot rest.

I've not suffered hair loss so can't advise there.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

I_must_be_crazy
on 11/28/12 2:38 am

I do think I am dehydrated,  not more then usual but I am working on drinking more.   I do not sit at a desk but I have been having a lot of back pain,  I think I will go to a chiropractor to see if it helps.  Thanks so much for your reply. 

Huneypie
on 11/29/12 2:19 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I take a 160z bottle of water upstairs at night and I drink plenty when I used the bathroom during the night and very first thing.  Sneaking in that extra 16oz really helps - I'd never get in a decent amount otherwise.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

its-killen-me
on 11/28/12 2:16 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

Hi Teresa,  dehydration, gluten, and caffeine are some causes of headaches.  Keep track of what you eat and drink it may be a food sensitivity, or vision problems.  I would get your doctor involved in finding out what is going on.  I hope things get better for you soon. Barb

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
I_must_be_crazy
on 11/28/12 2:41 am

You bring up a great point,  I will keep track of what I eat and see if it has anything to do with the headaches.  I know I am dehydrated,  I am going to try and drink more.  Thanks so much for your reply.  I do have a doc appointment coming up mid December.   Thanks so much!  

Happy Holidays!!!

lortiz25
on 11/30/12 2:37 am

its been 18 months since my surgery.  I am still waiting for my hair to grow back, I lost about 65% of my hair.  I only wash my hair every 3 days, because its scary to see how much hair I keep losing. I fear Im going to have to invest in a wig one day...My doctor suggested biotin vitamins, but I have been taking it for over a year and Im still losing hair.  Around 4 months post op is when I lost alot of my hair. I literally would clog the tub 4-5 times each time I washed my hair. 

Prior to surgery, I had thick wavy hair.  Always wished my hair was thin.  But now my hair is way too thin, and im insecure about it.  I wish I can give you an answer, but like I said I still lose hair and my hair has not grown back.  It literally has no body to it anymore.

I hope your headaches get better.  Other than the hair loss, I have had no complaints.

I_must_be_crazy
on 11/30/12 2:50 am

I feel your pain :(   I also had very thick hair and now it is so thin that I too am just about at the point of looking into wigs.   I wash my hair every 3-4 days because it falls out so much.  It is very depressing.  I am going to my doctor in mid december so I will ask what I can take to help.  Hang in there, if I find anything that works I will let you know and you can do the same.  

lortiz25
on 12/1/12 12:59 am

Sounds good. 

Most Active