Need some advice

Sandyhnc
on 2/9/14 10:08 am - NC
I am almost six years out from RNY and have done great. I am still at my goal weight. I have found lately that I have a growly, gurgling feeling every time my stomach is not full, At first I thought it was just that I was hungry, but even if I eat a cracker, within minutes it is back. I feel it all the way through to my back.

I can chew a couple of Pepcid completes and it helps for a while, but it seems like this is becoming more common. When I am not having this feeling, I feel great, but when I do I am SO uncomfortable. I am not near my original surgeon, and most regular docs don't know much about this from my past experience. Does anyone have this problem, or any ideas why I am??? I have not had coffee, or wine bc I thought maybe this was the culprit, but apparently not.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Amy R.
on 2/9/14 1:23 pm

Wow. That sounds miserable. 

I don't know anything about the Fobi pouch (except I didn't think they did it anymore) but there is a forum here on OH dedicated to Fobi Patients.  Here is the link: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fobipouch/

Good luck.  I hope you find some help.

MsBatt
on 2/9/14 1:48 pm

Sounds like excess acid to me, or possibly an ulcer. You don't really need a WLS doctor, just a good internist.

PetHairMagnet
on 2/9/14 9:06 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

If this is new and persistent, I'd call my surgeon. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Tracy D.
on 2/10/14 2:44 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Sounds like acid.  If Pepcid and Tums aren't controlling it you should talk to your doctor about a prescription PPI.   He may also want to check you for ulcers.  

There are a lot of foods out there that produce acid, whether or not they are acidic themselves.  You'll probably do better sticking to foods that are more alkaline.  It has really helped me.  You can easily google a list of alkaline foods on the internet.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

AnneGG
on 2/10/14 4:19 am

Wow, great work! You give me hope and inspiration!

I would suggest seeing a gastro-enterologist. The one I see is also knowledgable about WLS.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active