Pouch Test

Gigi A.
on 3/4/14 8:47 am - Canute, OK

Does anyone have the guidelines for the 5 day pouch test.  I have gained 13 pound and its not expectable. I've on lots of steroids in the last year and it's kicking by butt.

Gigi from Woodward        
Amy R.
on 3/4/14 9:29 am

The "guidelines" for the 5 Day Pouch Test are easily accessible through google.

Caveat:  The thing does nothing to "test" you pouch.  It's just a fad diet.  I will admit to using it myself a couple times after I let my carbs get out of control, to kind of re-set my thinking, not to lose any weight.

I've since learned that it's much better just to go back to the basics of the specific eating plan for your surgery.  The only way to truly test your pouch is to have an endoscopy and odds are you don't need that unless you've been having pain or other symptoms.

Dense protein first, veggies and small amounts of complex carbs if room.  With our surgeries, we really have no need to "diet" ever again.

good luck

Gigi A.
on 3/4/14 9:57 am - Canute, OK

Thank you very much.  I know that we know we don't diet.  I just need to get back on track  w/o carbs.  

Gigi from Woodward        
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/5/14 2:28 am - OH

So why not just use that some willpower it will take to go back to all liquids and just eliminate carbs from the foods you are eating?   It takes less willpower to make healthy food choices than it does to go back to all liquids and purées.  

Besides, NOT going back to liquids will reinforce the healthy eating habits you need for long term weight maintenance.  Doing the 5DPT will just reinforce that old dieting mentality that failed us all so many times before.  

lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Jen Lyn
on 3/4/14 10:48 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

So that is why my doctor's book never mentioned it. Thanks for sharing. I have been wondering why I haven't heard of it.

Deborah B.
on 3/5/14 7:45 am

This worked great for me. It brought me back to the beginning and I lost 9lbs in 5 days and continue to lose. After 5 days I added vegetables and fruits. I really needed this little kick re-start. Here's the link: http://www.5daypouchtest.com/ if you decide to try it. Best of luck to you! :)

Most Active